+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mating LQ9 To 4L80 Question

Mating LQ9 To 4L80 Question

I're read a ton and cant quit figure out what combination of spacer and flexplate is required on this swap. If I've read correctly the LQ9 crank is shorter out the back of the block and that stock it uses a flat flexplate. So everything that I have read on this swap says that I need the Flexplate spacer to offset that shorter crank. But, with the flexplate spacer, is this enough to mount the flat LQ9 flexplate to a 4l80? or will I instead need to buy a LQ4 flexplate that has the raised bolt mounts?

Hopefully that makes sense, I'm about half asleep. Any help at all would be great. Looking forward to having all my little parts purchased and on the way this week so i can begin the search for a good motor and tranny ASAP.

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/s...FdgPgQodnOkIEw Also, here's the url to the spacer I believe I need.
    Last edited by 1998LS-Z71; 09-12-2016 at 09:37 PM.

the 99-00 6.0L had the odd crank spacing.

Your LQ9 used a curved flexplate and no spacer and used an ls1 or 5.3L flexplate with three holes.

I'm assuming you have the 80e converter, so just use the stock 02+ 6.0L flexplate and spacer and the 80e converter.

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    the 99-00 6.0L had the odd crank spacing.

Your LQ9 used a curved flexplate and no spacer and used an ls1 or 5.3L flexplate with three holes.

I'm assuming you have the 80e converter, so just use the stock 02+ 6.0L flexplate and spacer and the 80e converter.
    Okay, so I can use the spacer and LQ9 flex plate rather than have to buy an LQ4 flex plate correct?

the most important thing is, make sure the converter is made with the correct flexplate spacing.

So, a 60e flexplate can be used with an 80e, just make sure the converter is made with 60e flexplate bolt spacing.

What converter do you have?

+ Reply to Thread