+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lumbar wiring

Lumbar wiring

I recently installed a 60/40 seat from what I was told was a 96 Chevy PU in my 93 Silverado. It has lumbar support in it. I was wondering if someone knew how this wired up. There are two wires to the switches in the seat a red and a grey. It doesn't work properly when I hook a positive and negative to them. Any ideas would be appreciated. It has been a while since I have tried to wire this up and don't remember exactly but I believe that one side worked but not the other. I can make both sides work by manually applying power to each one separately.
    Maybe someone has a wiring diagram for the seat in a 96 Chev!!
    Last edited by SharpRedOne; 01-06-2014 at 03:18 PM.

So there's a red and a grey on the passenger and one on the drivers side?

Racing is a real sport. Because football, baseball, soccer, and golf only require one ball.

The red and grey wires are on the driver side in a plug on the harness.
    Okay, I have to admit that I must not have been paying too much attention when I was trying to wire this thing up. When I went back to look at the wiring I realized that the wiring runs to a pump motor under the seat and to the switches. Going to have to check it out closer and draw a wiring diagram of the wiring under the seat so I can figure this out. There are "vacuum' lines that run up to the lumbar in the backrest. Must have had my head somewhere where the sun don't shine......lol

+ Reply to Thread