+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 4l80E rebuild assembly problem - experts?

4l80E rebuild assembly problem - experts?

Hey all. I have been reading the forum for a while and finally decided to post.

I am completing the rebuild of my 4l80e and have a little issue that maybe an expert can help me with.

I am doing the final assembly of the case.

The overrun drum assembly is not seating down all the way. When I install the oil pump it is hitting the overrun clutch and the pump has about a 1/4 gap to the gasket surface.
    I believe the problem is somewhere between the forward drum and the center support. I can see that the overrun drum is seating all the way against the forward drum.

I know everything is good upto the center support since the bolt for the center support lined up correctly.

I thought maybe I had installed the intermediate pressure plate installed upside down but I pulled it appart and I had it installed correctly.

I am stumped

Thanks

Confused in the SF bay area

Check your overdrive carrier and overrun clutches, It doesn't sound like the carrier is seating completely in the overrun clutches. I've had those fight with me before.

Thanks. I pulled it apart Wednesday night. It looks like I did not have the sun gear shaft installed all the way into the sun gears. I have it back together and all is good.

+ Reply to Thread