+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Power Programmers?

Okay, this is what my problem is, im very interested in the nelson tune, but for right now i dont have a beater car to drive in the winter months so from time to time i do drive my truck during these times, so i'm thinking for now a power programmer is the way to go. I have a hypertech and it don't do shit for my 02 Silverado 5.3L ECSB. A few weeks ago, i did try out a Predator programmer and i loved so much, very much notice in power and more in tranny shifts (jerk my head off) and now i'm hearing about Comp cams programmer? so straight to the point which one of these products would be better for me?

2002 Silverado 5.3L ECSB auto 3:73 posi
    Volant air intake
    Corsa Exh
    GMS MAF
    Hypertech Programmer
    ASP Gen Pulley
    Horsepower and Torque is nothing without Traction

what the hell does winter months have to do with anything. nelson tune over all of that junk you have listed

old mod list: H/C/I/N/E/G 408
    new mod list: 5.3, gears/posi, mufler and tune : (

Yeah, you had me confused too. Nelson tunes are an all-around reprogram of the PCM for all purpose driving per your specifications. The only tune better than a Nelson mail order tune is to drive down to his shop and have him tune it there. Sure, you can attempt to tune it yourself with a handheld or HPTuner but Allen's years of experience will make your life much easier if you just order one of his tunes. It's your money so spend it how you wish but think how much you have already spent on tunes and you are appearantly still not satisfied.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Why you want to waste your money when you can get a real tune. Handhelds are alright but I rather get the real deal. Winter whats that got to do with a Nelson Tune. Hypertech Nelson
    2002 Red Chevy RCSS (engine mods)- 05 5.3L, Procharger P-1SC 9lb.pulley, 80mm BBK TB, TB By-Pass, 38lb. Inj., AlkyControl Meth Kit, ASM L/T's, Magnaflow X-pipe, Borla's, FLT Level 5 4L65e, PI 3000 Stall, B&M Tranny Cooler, 3:73's, G-80, E-Fans, 160' Thermo. Custom Built Intake with K&N. WideBand 02 Sensor, DIXIE TUNED.

I'm a little confused too

If it makes you feel better, I got my Nelson tune in Feb and drove a few times in the snow with no problem. Also in sub 10* temps, w/ a 160* stat, all was fine. Just throw a few sand tubes in the bed as you'd normally do and get er' done!
    Base: 2004 Victory Red Silverado 1500 2WD RCLB, LR4, 4L60E, 3.73, HD Suspension, P245/75R16 Tires
    Mechanical/Performance: Nelson 93 Octane Tune (See Slamma's CarDomain.Com Page for more details)

Don't waste the time and money on handheld Nelson all the way.
    2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 ECLB w/6.0 , 4L80E auto, 4.10 G80, K&N, Nelson Dyno Tune, 02 PCM STS TURBO , 44# injectors, IC ,HPTuner and 160* thermo 348 rwhp, 394 rwtq @ 5 psi
    60'=2.241
    1/8=9.352@77.39
    1/4=14.40@ 96.67

I don't have a Nelson tune yet. I"ve had a Hypertech tune on my 02 5.3 but the difference from stock was only moderate at best. With a Nelso tune he will set every parameter to your needs and you can get a retune if your needs change. From the strong recommendations I've read on this and other sites I'll be buying the Nelson tune as soon as Allen returns my call.
    2002 white Silverado ext cab. Taillights filled, roll pan w/93 Cad lights horizontally placed, tailgate handle inside, Gaylord tonneau, bed slide & bed rug, all trim removed, Escalade door handles, 18" Enkei & Falcons, Speed grill. Grill shell, bumper pad, & valance painted white. Mirrors painted white. Many interior pcs painted black (over beige), black leather seat inserts and sun visors. 2" dropped DJM lower control arm, shackles/hangers for 4" rear drop. Engine: 5.3 , Radix w 2.8" pulley, 90 mm throttle body, Dart 225 heads, Comp Cam 581-588 224-230 on 114. ARP head bolts. KTech rod bolts. Alky Control methanol injection, Pacesetter lt's into elec cutouts then 4" polished Magnaflow SS mufflers then 4" ovalized SS pipes exiting in front of rear wheels both sides, gas tank removed and 24 gal. fuel cell where spare tire was w/Aeromotive pump, pre and post filters and pump controller & -10 SS fuel line. 160 thermostat MSD wires & Perma Cool fan, 34" radiator, Meziere elec water pump. Valve covers, alternator & brackets powdercoated white. Built 4l60e, 4.56 with Detroit Locker Trutrack. 2 Interceptor logging guages, FAST dual 02 sensor wb gauge, Cyberdyne vac/boost gauge. Truck is actually the property of a little Benji type dog. Pics of him and the truck too www.swardphotos.shutterfly.com

and im with everybody on this one as well...whats the deal bout summer and winter driving...
    '13 silverado LT...stock

'11 lt 4x4 z71..tvs1900

'01 gmc twins 6.0 jakes 400 ladder bars w/ coilovers tuned by nelson performance

+ Reply to Thread