+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Anyone know what wire is what on back of NBS Fog light/Cargo light switch?

Anyone know what wire is what on back of NBS Fog light/Cargo light switch?

Just hoping maybe someone here knows which wire is for what function on the back of the dash switch for the factory Cargo Light/Fog light button panel in specifically a 99-02 NBS?

I can post a photo later, but the plug has 5 wires, top is solid Grey, 2nd down is solid Orange, 3rd is solid Black, 4th is solid Purple, and bottom wire is dk Blue with White stripe.

I'm hoping to hook up some auxiliary led light bars I have to operate from this switch to remain factory looking, one up front to fog button and rear facing light hooked up to cargo light button.

Any help or tips here are much appreciated, thanks.
    Shralp' it heavy.

\\ '02 Sierra \V/ '01 Silvy //

Get a test light and see which ones has current when you turn on and loses current when u turn it off, I could tell you in a day or so when I get a chance to look at my 01

The dk blue and white stripe is the output for the cargo light. It supplies ground on this wire when on. This means you will probably want to use a relay. The orange wire is the switched ground for the fog lamps. It looks as if the fog lamp switch is tied into a logic circuit in the BCM. That would make it hard to wire that switch up for your purposes because the fog lamps would turn off with the operation of the high beams.
    99' Silverado RCSB Z71: 5.7L Iron LS1, 11.2:1, Custom EPS Cam, Ported 862's,Ported TB, E-Bay Cold Air, E-Bay Long Tubes, Dynomax X-Pipe Exhaust, Electric Fans, Innovative LC-1, Self Built 4L60E, Circle D Pro Single Disc, 4:10 ValueTrac

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7887&dateline=1270435  715

Quote Originally Posted by 03whitez71 View Post
    Get a test light and see which ones has current when you turn on and loses current when u turn it off, I could tell you in a day or so when I get a chance to look at my 01
    no test light at the moment...

Quote Originally Posted by country_3030 View Post
    The dk blue and white stripe is the output for the cargo light. It supplies ground on this wire when on. This means you will probably want to use a relay. The orange wire is the switched ground for the fog lamps. It looks as if the fog lamp switch is tied into a logic circuit in the BCM. That would make it hard to wire that switch up for your purposes because the fog lamps would turn off with the operation of the high beams.

Thanks for the info! I'll look into this. Any idea what the other wires are for?
    Sorry, I'm nearly "illiterate" when it comes to electrical...
    So, would I now try to splice in the black "ground" wire from my Rigid LED light bars to the dk blue/white stripe wire, and orange wire? Then leave the positive hooked up directly to the battery???
    I currently have them hooked up directly to the battery with the wiring they came with, then to some cheap looking big lever flick switches they came with, which is what I want to get rid of and use the factory buttons.

One thing I'm also now wondering is about the fact that I DO NOT have factory fogs on this truck... but, it appears all 5 wires are still there on the plug just the same. I just bought a used switch panel on ebay that does have both the fog and cargo light buttons. Do all trucks come wired up for fogs regardless of options?
    I did think about the fact it would go off with the highs, if like factory... but I think there are ways to bypass that.
    Shralp' it heavy.

anybody else have any more info on this?

I'm still stumped... apparantly these aren't wired like I was imagining...

There's gotta be some other "Factory Look" freaks out there too who has tried this instead of just mounting up some generic switches on the dash...??!
    Shralp' it heavy.

+ Reply to Thread