+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gas fume smell in cab

Question Gas fume smell in cab

I fill up my truck and can't deal with the smell of gas when I run the heat....
    I fill to half a tank and no problem??
    Purge solenoid maybe?? - I appreciate any help, there are so many parts to the vapor system and would hate to have to replace it all and I have no codes.
    I have a 2004 silverado 2500HD extended cab with the 6.0
    Thank you
    Stock 6.0, 2500HD extended 4X4, intercooled Procharger, with 11psi, 42# Racetronix injectors, SW, Mainline Dyno'd 403.5 SAE RWHP 5200 !! Not too bad for the tow vehicle getting to the track on time. Thanks to Chris @ Big Power Racing in Bayshore L.I., and also a big Thanks to Lonnie @ Lonnie's Performance in PA for the new fuel system

Any idea? What could be the most common cause. Purge solenoid, purge filter, vapor cannister or am I totally off.
    I thought maybe the purge filter possibly from an over fill at the pump.
    Thank you for any help.
    Stock 6.0, 2500HD extended 4X4, intercooled Procharger, with 11psi, 42# Racetronix injectors, SW, Mainline Dyno'd 403.5 SAE RWHP 5200 !! Not too bad for the tow vehicle getting to the track on time. Thanks to Chris @ Big Power Racing in Bayshore L.I., and also a big Thanks to Lonnie @ Lonnie's Performance in PA for the new fuel system

+ Reply to Thread