+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gas Prices

Gas Prices

How high do you think they'll really get by the end of the year? I'm going to be optimistic and say $4.25 at the very highest.
    Always buying things I dont need to impress people I dont know

I hope not but if they do that's just more job security for me oil field all day

ive heard some say that the natural gas industry is suppose to take over in the future and they are gonna try to squeeze all the money they can out of the oil industry before gas takes over but thats just hearsay
    2006 Chevy ECSB 5.3 - New L33 Motor,CAI, Descreened MAF, Nelson 93 tune, Transgo Shift Kit, servos, 3in exhaust, Borla, pacetter LT's, and ORY, Aeroforce Furture: stall, cam, 4.10's

Meh what's it matter they charge what they want when they want. Not like anyone can do anything about it. Besides you know how much the gov't makes in taxes on gas and diseasel?
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

if bush was in office right now the news networks would be jumping up and down screaming rape.

old mod list: H/C/I/N/E/G 408
    new mod list: 5.3, gears/posi, mufler and tune : (

I heard that the former owner of shell was quoted that prices would be up to $5/gallon by the end of the year...when asked why he couldnt come up with an answer...first he said crude prices had gone up, to which the reporter said that over the last 5 or so months the price per barrel has gone down...he just kinda uhmm bioduoanwfoi doiasjdfoiu uhh....supply and demand?

Just goes to show that the oil companies will charge us what ever they want and us retards will pay it cuz we need to get to work.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

its really true...although what most of the companies fail to realize is that if they drop prices back down to a dollar something a gallon they would make more money because people will drive more. When gas is cheap, people buy more. Its a fact of life.
    Always buying things I dont need to impress people I dont know

Quote Originally Posted by Slammed96 View Post
    its really true...although what most of the companies fail to realize is that if they drop prices back down to a dollar something a gallon they would make more money because people will drive more. When gas is cheap, people buy more. Its a fact of life.
    That is 150% true. They just see how much they make per gallon and that's all that they care about. Even if they took a hit on margin per gallon there overall income would be significantly higher.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

Looks like a few people don't understand the world economy. As long as the dollar gets weaker the price of oil will continue to rise. When the economy does turn around demand will go up and gas prices will go through the roof.
    2000 RCSB forged ls1, 4l80e, t-76
    10.93@124 1.58 60'

Although I agree with you on some parts, explain why gas was 70 cents a gallon when Clinton was in office. The economy was actually balancing out and we were coming out of debt while he was in office.

I agree, as demand rises, the price of gas will too, but it will eventually go lower. That is if we ever get out of debt.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

+ Reply to Thread