+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 08 Silverado suspension issues

08 Silverado suspension issues

Just bought the truck a little over a month ago and after lowering it im having bad drive line vibrations and terrible wheel hop. I did a flip kit in the rear I cant remember exactly who made it, but it came with a transmission shim that i did put in but I did not use the rear lift shackle supplyed because I wanted it lower. I just wanted to see what other guys were running to remedy this and too see if it was a commem problem. Honestly if I have to lift the truck back up I will just sell it cause I hate the way it looked before. But if I keep driving it the way it is I know the driveshaft it going to rip in half even with my little 4.8L pushing it,,, any help would be great thanks..
    Attached Images

pinion angle 8). ill look at it with you some weekend. ill grab my angle finder and we will see what your set at.
    09 CREWCAB LTZ SILVERADO, 6.2, SIX SPEED, CAI,

ya...most likely need to shim the pinion. Also check and make sure u-joints are seated correctly. My blazer was shaking like mad, I went to tear into it, and noticed the u joint had a little slop. Someone (*cough* me *cough*) didn't squeeze the caps tight when he tightened the bolts on the rear.
    blown transmissions are about as useful as 97% of the guys on this forum

Finally broke down and wanted some traction huh! well you know my truck, after i installed the nitro street performance shocks, the wheel hop went down considerably. Stock shocks completely compressed just didnt cut it..

04 RCSB 4.8, TR220/220, CIRCLE D 3000, PACESETTER LT'S/ORY, MAGNAFLOW, K&N 77 SERIES CAI, TRANSGO HD-2, VETTE SERVO, AUBURN LSD, NGK TR-5, PLUG WIRES, 4-5 DROP, TRU-COOL 40K, STREET PERF SHOCKS.

Quote Originally Posted by project4.8 View Post
    Finally broke down and wanted some traction huh! well you know my truck, after i installed the nitro street performance shocks, the wheel hop went down considerably. Stock shocks completely compressed just didnt cut it..
    yeah i wonder if some fool has purchased the ole 4.8 yet? your gonna miss that truck some day. haha
    09 CREWCAB LTZ SILVERADO, 6.2, SIX SPEED, CAI,

ive got a 4/9 drop on mine....kit is the mcaughys 4/7 but i added a 2inch rear shackle....i have bad wheel hop as well....nuthin cal tracs wont fix

+ Reply to Thread