+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TABC/Texas RR Commission, you're on my watch list.

TABC/Texas RR Commission, you're on my watch list.

I am sick and tired of being cheated by restaurants and clubs when I purchase a "pint" of beverage. I have purchased beverages in many place in Texas with the stated volume being purchased as a "pint". According to the US Department of weights and measures, a "pint" is equal to 16 fluid ounces yet when I get my beverage it comes in a tumbler that would be hard pressed to hold 14 ounces. If your beverage of choice were to be a beer you would only have enough room to contain 12 ounces of liquid and the "head". Clubs and restaurants sell this "pint" at a higher cost than a 12 ounce bottle of beverage. Consumers believe they are getting a fair deal when they purchase the larger "pint" quantity when in reality they are getting the same 12 ounces they were getting in a bottle but now in a glass tumbler. This situation needs rectified. Receiving only 3/4 of what we purchase is not right. Would consumers accept receiving only three quarts of gasoline when paying for a gallon? No, they'd be up in arms and the Texas Railroad commission would be fining retailers, forcing them to fix their pumps and demanding restitution to customers, plus imposing large fines on the retailers that were cheating the consumer. Demand truth in advertising and sales! If you want to sell me a 12 ounce draft tell me it's 12 ounces and not a "pint". Contact your local state Alcoholic Beverage Commission and express your displeasure about being cheated.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    I am sick and tired of being cheated by restaurants and clubs when I purchase a "pint" of beverage. I have purchased beverages in many place in Texas with the stated volume being purchased as a "pint". According to the US Department of weights and measures, a "pint" is equal to 16 fluid ounces yet when I get my beverage it comes in a tumbler that would be hard pressed to hold 14 ounces. If your beverage of choice were to be a beer you would only have enough room to contain 12 ounces of liquid and the "head". Clubs and restaurants sell this "pint" at a higher cost than a 12 ounce bottle of beverage. Consumers believe they are getting a fair deal when they purchase the larger "pint" quantity when in reality they are getting the same 12 ounces they were getting in a bottle but now in a glass tumbler. This situation needs rectified. Receiving only 3/4 of what we purchase is not right. Would consumers accept receiving only three quarts of gasoline when paying for a gallon? No, they'd be up in arms and the Texas Railroad commission would be fining retailers, forcing them to fix their pumps and demanding restitution to customers, plus imposing large fines on the retailers that were cheating the consumer. Demand truth in advertising and sales! If you want to sell me a 12 ounce draft tell me it's 12 ounces and not a "pint". Contact your local state Alcoholic Beverage Commission and express your displeasure about being cheated.
    God damn lying cheats.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

I agree with you but don't get the RR Commission angle...

07 Z71 4x4, 6.0L, 3.73s, Turbonetics T76 @ 10 psi, 75 shot, Snow meth kit, PLX DM-100 wideband gauge, Nelson tune, Comp 212/216 .557/.561 114 lsa, 60# injectors, Yank 3000, 4L80E , Magnaflow - dumped, e-cutout
    Line-X, Pace Edwards Full Metal Jackrabbit bedcover

The RR commission regulates sales of goods in measured volumes. I sent them an email about this to confirm if they control the sale of products in measured amounts like they do in motor fuels. You will see a RR commission stamp on every fuel pump you use in TX. They gauranty you get 1 gallon of fuel when you pump a gallon on the meter.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

There is a texas department of weights and measures but it looks like they don't control anything sales related to alcohol(when poured from a tap), though the do control all prepackaged item sales.

Start a petition, Ill sign. Nothin worse than getting shorted on my beer
    2007 CCSB Z71 VortecMax: Stock!

+ Reply to Thread