+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New here...

New here...

Well Looks like a great site, already learned alot about my new truck! I went from a 1990 5.7 reg cab 2wd to a 2006 4.8 reg cab 2wd...I love it and plan on doing many mods to it and im sure I can learn alot here and get some great advice. See ya guys around...
    Stock 06 LT for now...

Welcome to the site!
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

welcome to the site!
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Welcome dude!!!!!!!!!!

welcome to the site get some pics of your rides up
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.

Hey man--welcome to LS1truck! I bet the 4.8L moves a lot better than the old TBI 350 did. Any plans for mods on that thing?

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

Welcome man. I know your probably thinking of your warranty right now, but if you decide you don't care about that and wanna make it faster, check out Truck Forums - Truck Enthusiast Forum for Ford Chevy Dodge Toyota Nissan GMC pickup trucks There is a silverado board in there with a FAQ that has a discussion on several FREE mods you can do to these trucks to get you a bit more power. Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by txarkitekt View Post
    Hey man--welcome to LS1truck! I bet the 4.8L moves a lot better than the old TBI 350 did. Any plans for mods on that thing?
    I dunno about that lol...I put a rebuilt TBI in my old truck with a mild cam and just about every bolt-on possible, intake, headers, etc...it had a rebuilt 700r4 (super clean) with a 2400 stall and put in 3.90's with eaton posi it definately had alot more torque and low-end, but then again my 4.8 is bone stock and it has equal or more top end than my 350 did.

Right now I want to get a custom tune to remove all of my TM, exhaust,lower it atleast 2/4 and get some nice wheels, tinted windows...colormatched handles, clear corners, maybe a billet grille...list goes on and on lol definately some more performance mods too.
    Stock 06 LT for now...

Quote Originally Posted by SlickZeroSix View Post
    I dunno about that lol...I put a rebuilt TBI in my old truck with a mild cam and just about every bolt-on possible, intake, headers, etc...it had a rebuilt 700r4 (super clean) with a 2400 stall and put in 3.90's with eaton posi it definately had alot more torque and low-end, but then again my 4.8 is bone stock and it has equal or more top end than my 350 did.

Right now I want to get a custom tune to remove all of my TM, exhaust,lower it atleast 2/4 and get some nice wheels, tinted windows...colormatched handles, clear corners, maybe a billet grille...list goes on and on lol definately some more performance mods too.
    welcome aboard. if you have any questions let us know. i have my 4.8 running pretty well. Get a hold of Nelson and tell him you want the same tune that i have on my truck...dropped me a whole second in the 1/4. i also went with 4.10s. they have great steet manners and i still get 20 MPG on the highway.

Quote Originally Posted by 2k5Squirrel View Post
    welcome aboard. if you have any questions let us know. i have my 4.8 running pretty well. Get a hold of Nelson and tell him you want the same tune that i have on my truck...dropped me a whole second in the 1/4. i also went with 4.10s. they have great steet manners and i still get 20 MPG on the highway.
    Thanks, Im sure I will have lots of questions! heres one,
    What all did you have them do with your tune? I'd like to lose a full second! Nice truck by the way, I'd like to run a 14.5 with just a few mods!
    Last edited by SlickZeroSix; 04-03-2008 at 12:50 PM.
    Stock 06 LT for now...

+ Reply to Thread