+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Okie Newb

Okie Newb

Hey guys, great site, ive been reading here for a while, but didnt feel worthy of posting until i got the nelson tune. well i got it friday and i love it. one question though, why do i still lose to my friends truck? I have an 04 ecsb z-71 with 58,000 miles, with intake, exhaust, e-fans, vette servo, nelson 91 tune and a tb bypass. he has an 04 ecsb z-71 105xxx miles and the same exhaust as me and a superchips 91 tune. the only thing is, i have 285/75-16 tires, he has 265/75-16. he slowly but surely pulls on me to 100, then i take off and leave him. why with so few mods does he come out ahead? sorry for the long first post!

not sure. I dunno give it about a week and go again? How many miles have you put on the tune so far?

do you have a front end replacement or anything of the sort?
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

he's got a little on you on the gearing. Have you weighed both trucks?
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

No front end replacements or anything heavy like that. how does he have any gearing on me? i assume you mean in the tires. i do love the tune, it feels very strong and according to the g-tech, with the servo and tune i went from 16.8 to 15.5 its impressive, i was just a little dissapointed. i put the pcm in friday and i put 450 miles on it so far so i think its learned all its going to. i figured with my other little doo dads that it would make up for the tires.

maybe your truck doesn't like the intake? i lost power when i put one on my v6 lol

wut size motors do you guys have?

Yeah, smaller diameter tires are like putting lower gears in. Kind of like going from 3.73s to 3.83s. That gives you more pulling power. Take both of your trucks to a truckstop or grain elevator that has scales and get them both weighed on the same scale. A full tank of gas vs. an almost empty tank makes a world of difference, also. Every 100 lbs equals .100 slower in the 1/4 mile, as a general rule of thumb. Your larger tires add some weight.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

we both have a 5.3, and when we raced today i had 1/8 tank of gas, i guess maybe i need some smaller tires or some 4.10s. i'll try to get us both weighed in and see just how much heaver i am. maybe somebody could just donate a trick front mount to my cause...

Do you have the same gear ratio's?
    Some trucks came with 3.42 while others came with 3.73.

good question, i have been assuming that we both have 3.73s how can i find out for sure?

theres a code in the glovebox. I cant remember what the code is though.. Maybe one of the guys can chime in.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

+ Reply to Thread