+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: LT1 El Camino

Thought I should go ahead and put this conversion in the right section.Had it in Pics/videos cause someone else started it there.Rest of my parts are somewhere in Alabama and supposed to be here tomorrow,I hope Oscar put everything in the package.Anyway,see if I can get it to the exhaust shop tomorrow.Nobody's given any comments on the Crossover or X pipe.Have to trust the Muffler Man I guess Here come the Pics again.

Anybody have a wiring diagram of an '82 El Camino that can look up the ground to the check engine light.I have an '83 diagram and it shows to be Yellow

Anyone tell me which oil sending unit will work with a gauge and has one wire for an '83 set of SS gauges.

See if I can drive it tomorrow. Of course everthing else has gone wrong,so this will be an experience.

Originally posted by honkydaddy@Feb 8 2004, 09:39 PM
    Thought I should go ahead and put this conversion in the right section.Had it in Pics/videos cause someone else started it there.Rest of my parts are somewhere in Alabama and supposed to be here tomorrow,I hope Oscar put everything in the package.Anyway,see if I can get it to the exhaust shop tomorrow.Nobody's given any comments on the Crossover or X pipe.Have to trust the Muffler Man I guess Here come the Pics again.
    Its a slow forum man, check out fullsizechevy.com they have a exhaust section... great forum too youll find what you need.

I'm not sure if anyone here has a crossover pipe or X to comment on.
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

Finally got to drive it.Pretty impressive.

Thing runs pretty gooooood Have to drive around with a scan tool hooked up right now. Check engine light will burn your eyes.Got a bunch of codes in it.Had 3 hard codes,got it down to 1.Picked up a surge though,believe I put the wrong EGR Valve on it,got one out of the bushel basket.Think I got a negative on it,and I think that's what it takes.Might have gotten a weak one or need to shim the orifice.I put the O2 sims on it about the same time,don't think that would have anything to do with it,but did get D codes for both rear O2's for insufficient activity.EGR code is gone.

Anyone scan any O2 sims.These don't change,think I installed it right.It's a dual O2 sim

Have to keep working on it,at least it goes after 5 months

put a block off plate on the EGR and that will let you know if you had a leak or something. I blocked mine off from day one and it made no difference since I was not using the EGR tubing from the exhaust or smog pump. I would suggest you buy one of Street and Performance's prom chips. They are programmed for performance and they will delete the smog feedback and anything else you want deleted or added. Not to mention they are only about $69 last time I checked.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Going to try the old EGR on there,it didn't work so that should block it off.Can't run a chip OBD II.Need LT1 edit,but spent all my money.Little ole swap is getting close to $3500 or better,afraid to add it up.

+ Reply to Thread