+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shops in California

Shops in California

Hey guys, I was wondering if anybody on here has had any experience, or knows of any good shops in the Northern California area. Thanks for any help.
    2004 4.8l 6 speed manual 2wd
    Looks: 22" foose rims with Fierce tires, SS front bumper, SS Front Grill, 2/3 lowering kit.
    Performance: Volant Intake, 3" exaust with Spintech muffler, Pacesetter LT's with Y pipe, TR cam 220/220 .551 112 lsa, T56 Tranny with the Keisler short Shift kit and LS7 Clutch, Quicktime Scatter Shield, ASP Underdrive pulley kit, Dyno tune by Rick at Synergy Motorsports
    Soon to Come:Eaton locker, Electric Fans..Does it ever End?

Hey. The only one I know of is Synergy Motorsports in Freemont/Newark. There websit is synergymotorsports.net

what part of northern cali?

what do you need done? let me know what's up
    05 5.3 RCSB, K&N CAI 77, MSD 8.5's, NGK's, NELSON TUNE, 2"-4" G-Force, HKR Max Flow, TB STALL, 28k Cooler, Vette Servo, 160 Stat, Xenon lamps EveryWhere, 10k H.I.D's, Smoked LED 3rd brake Light, Smoked Tail's, 15% Tint, 45% WS Tint

1967 Nova 358 ci Dart Pro 1 Heads Port matched to Vic. jr, 250/256 solid cam, Hooker Headers ceramic coated, Super Street Fighter Stall, Hipsters Transbrake, 9 inch w/ 4.11's, 26x10.5 Et streets, Lo-pro Caltracs

I'm just looking, sort of for an all around shop. Somebody thats not just going to tell me a bunch of bull crap about how i should do stuff different, and what i should do with my truck. A shop that'll just give me some good advice, when asked for. Looking for one that can dyno my truck, do some fine tuning that nelson won't beable to do since he doesn't live here, eventually put a supercharger on it. Maybe some head work. Or put in a new 6.0 someday down the line.

I live in Castro Valley. About 2 hours south of Sacramento, and about 45 minutes east of San Francisco.
    Looks: 22" foose rims with Fierce tires, SS front bumper, SS Front Grill, 2/3 lowering kit.
    Performance: Volant Intake, 3" exaust with Spintech muffler, Pacesetter LT's with Y pipe, TR cam 220/220 .551 112 lsa, T56 Tranny with the Keisler short Shift kit and LS7 Clutch, Quicktime Scatter Shield, ASP Underdrive pulley kit, Dyno tune by Rick at Synergy Motorsports

yo..

whats up fellow Cali ls1 gearhead. seems like everyone on here is from texas. anyways I'm 30 min from san fran and if yu want some transmission work done, i have a guy that will do it. do you have a warr still? any more info on the vehicle?
    05 5.3 RCSB, K&N CAI 77, MSD 8.5's, NGK's, NELSON TUNE, 2"-4" G-Force, HKR Max Flow, TB STALL, 28k Cooler, Vette Servo, 160 Stat, Xenon lamps EveryWhere, 10k H.I.D's, Smoked LED 3rd brake Light, Smoked Tail's, 15% Tint, 45% WS Tint

1967 Nova 358 ci Dart Pro 1 Heads Port matched to Vic. jr, 250/256 solid cam, Hooker Headers ceramic coated, Super Street Fighter Stall, Hipsters Transbrake, 9 inch w/ 4.11's, 26x10.5 Et streets, Lo-pro Caltracs

Quote Originally Posted by Fuj357racing View Post
    whats up fellow Cali ls1 gearhead. seems like everyone on here is from texas. anyways I'm 30 min from san fran and if yu want some transmission work done, i have a guy that will do it. do you have a warr still? any more info on the vehicle?
    i'm Not sure what your talking about WARR?

ya, it sure does seem like alot of people are from texas, or that part of the states. As far as tranny stuff goes, i would like to put in a T56 pretty soon.(6 speed manual) their suppose to be super strong, so no i just got to find one at a swap meet for a reasonable price.

As far as the truck goes, everything is posted, except my cam which is a 220/220 .551/.551 112 LSA which i got yesterday.. Its pretty. i also purchased a set of pacesetter longtubes, 3in. y pipe and a pair of electric cutouts, .(Race Ready Performance // Electric Exhaust Cutouts) and a nelson tune. As soon as i get the headers, y pipe and cutouts, i'm going to take my heads off, have a 3 angle valve job done, and have the same guy put the valve springs on. I plan on getting it dyno'd on monday, then after i get all the parts on i'll get it dyno'd again and see what kind of power it makes. Maybe i'll get it dyno'd before and after nelson's tune just to see what kind of power his tune really makes. By the way i went with the 91 tune.

where are you getting it dynoed?

i want to get my truck dynoed as well. im down here in the san mateo area. let me know how you do and how much it cost and where you're getting it done at. as far as the mod's everything sounds awesome. BTY warr=warranty, i'm a little sketch on doing big mod's and gettin shafted by the dealer b/c i have the 7yr 100k warranty. I'm thinking about doing the lt's and ORY but just can't seem get around it.

As far as the warranty goes, it actually came off, the day after i got the truck. go figure, but i did take it to the shop, and had it all checked out, and had them write down all my worries, before it expired. The gauge cluster was bad so they replaced that, and looked at everything else basically. I know the guy at the dealership though, so if anything breaks i could take it in their, and he'd fix it for me. My trucks only got 29000 on it though, so its cherry. I only drive it about once, maybe twice a week. I have a work truck i use the rest of the week. San Mateo, ya, i'm working right by their actually this weekend, over off of pennisula street i think it is? right there by 3rd avenue and poplar exits? i think.

You should ask your dealership about the cam. I'm sure they'd say it'd void ur warranty, but its worth a shot. Ask them if THEY install it would it still void the warranty? probably be expensive as hell though.

+ Reply to Thread