+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nelson LS1 Fan harness wiring/install

I just picked up a LS1 fan harness, and it didn't come with anything resembling install instructions or wiring diagrams. I've called and left a message with Nelson Performance, but I need to get this installed today. Anybody else on here that can tell me how to hook it up?
    '99 GMC RCSB
    3" Body lift, 4" Rancho lift, Fox shocks
    36" BFG All-terrains
    LQ9 6.0L swap, gt2-3 cam, longtubes, LS1 fans, Nelson Performance tune
    4.8 gears/Eaton posi
    Built 4l65e
    Custom paint, roll pan, filled tail lights, relocated tail gate handle

Future mods:
    Boost!!

See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Installation:
    Contents:
    Wiring fan harness
    Mounting screws
    Blue 18g line tap
    Flex fan harness includes also:
    4 – Butt connectors
    Heat shrink
    Tools needed:
    17mm wrench
    ¼ nut driver
    10mm wrench
    7mm socket/ratchet
    Pliers
    Pic or thin screwdriver
    Wire cutters
    Flex fan harness requires also:
    Butt connector crimper

1.Using a 17mm wrench remove the nut from the red battery junction box located on the driver’s side engine. (fig1)
    2.Locate the ring terminals that fit the junction box. These wires will be the two red and one white wires. In order to close the red box, you may have to notch out the bottom of it using wire cutters or a hand held razor/box cutter. Secure the 17mm nut onto the stud and close the lid.(fig2)
    3.Located just to the left are the two 10mm bolts that hold the junction box to the alternator bracket. Remove one of the 10mm bolts and locate the ¼ ring terminals on the harness. Ground the wires using the 10mm bolt.
    4.Located between the junction box and ground mounting point is a group of wires covered by loom. Open up the loom and locate the solid green wire. Using pliers, crimp the provided red tap to the green wire. Locate the green wire on the harness and attach it to the red tap. (fig3)
    5.Remove the black cover from the PCM. This is done by pulling outward on the cover and clearing the two plastic tabs. Using a 7mm socket remove the blue PCM connector. This is the connector closest to the engine. Remove the grey retaining cover from the topside of the blue PCM connector. Turn the connector over and using a thin pick or screwdriver, press on the white retaining tabs on each side of the blue-clear cover and remove it. Lubricate the blue PCM wire on the harness. Simply push it through pin 42 until it secures itself. Reinstall the blue-clear cover and grey retaining cover on the PCM connector. Reinstall the PCM connector.
    6.Locate the LS1 fan connectors on the harness and install them. Be sure to secure the wires with tie straps.
    7.Using the supplied screws, attach the relay connectors to the upper left corner of the PCM cover. Be sure to clear the PCM when installing the screws.(fig4)
    Flex-Fan or Universal Fans:
    The harness will have four power wires coming from the relays. They are grouped in a wire loom and are attached to your existing fan motor wires using the supplied butt connectors and heat

shrink. Be sure to cut the heat shrink to the appropriate size and install it over the wire before crimping the butt connector.

Fig 1 Fig 2

Fig 3 Fig 4

How's this ? Straight from Nelson , he sent it to me one time and I kept it , hope it helps .
    Sorry the Pictures did not post .
    Now what is a tune again?

Comp Cam 54-412-11 , Int:265, 212, .522 , Exh: 271, 218, .529 , LSA 114 , Longtube , CAI (Vararam) , TransGo HD2 shift kit , tuned by me with EFILive

See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Awesome, that's exactly what I needed.
    '99 GMC RCSB
    3" Body lift, 4" Rancho lift, Fox shocks
    36" BFG All-terrains
    LQ9 6.0L swap, gt2-3 cam, longtubes, LS1 fans, Nelson Performance tune
    4.8 gears/Eaton posi
    Built 4l65e
    Custom paint, roll pan, filled tail lights, relocated tail gate handle

Future mods:
    Boost!!

+ Reply to Thread