+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mirror Switch Electrical Question Help Please

I have removed my mirror switch off of my 2001 Z17 because it quit working. I have tried clening the contacts with contact cleaner with no avail. So next I started trouble shooting the electrical side of it. My 3 amp fuse is good and I have my 12 volts at the fuse location. But I do not have 12 volts on any of the pins at the plug that connects to the switch itself.
    If there should be voltage present which color wire should it be on? Are they breaking a ground or getting power from somewhere else before it actually gets to the switch. I would like to know this before spending the $ on a new switch.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You.

Problem solved! Turns out that after I took apart the switch and performed a thorough cleaning I forgot to plug the window/doorlock switches back in to the circut. The 12 volt power source to the mirror switch is supplied off of pin A(Orange) on the window/door lock switch(harness)!
    Switch now functions perfectly.

Glad we could help!!!

Stop by anytime.
    Gone, but not forgotten!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SCIV &#064; Jan 30 2007, 08&#58;19 PM) [snapback]81706[/snapback]</div>
    Glad we could help&#33;&#33;&#33;

Stop by anytime.
    [/b]
    Thanks for the invite SCIV.
    Actually I figured it out on my own after ohming out a couple wires.
    Maybe I will not be so lucky next time.
    I have been reading posts on this site for quite sometime now and just registerd today. Alot of really interesting and important info here.

If you ever need any help troubleshooting the power mirror switch SCIV, give me a shout.

Later.

+ Reply to Thread