+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Where to start with the 5.3L?

ASP.... but that's assuming they make em for our body style of trucks.. Some people make their own intakes, I like volant or vararam... But that's me.. Alot of people run k&n obviously.. Just depends on what u like I guess
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    lol...I wish you would never paint your truck...I bet it bugs them that much more that a primered up truck just soggied his Wheaties. good job buddy
    sprayedenali: i like catching, but not fishing
    DBTBSS: bring Tyler... we need someone to make fun of
    MidnightRider: your right im gay
    DamnYankee: my nana failed
    DamnYankee: confused...if it can't keep up to begin with, how can it keep up
    mitch cobb racing: ya, allen played with it for a while, HUGE difference

a PI or Circle D 3200-3400 triple disk stall and some 410 oem gears
    [CENTER]
    GLADIATOR 6.0 2007 nnbs chevy 13.2 1/4mi. busting my drive shaft at 106 mph before the finish line
    CHEATER 6.0 2000 gmc xcab lq9 fully bolt on 12.52 motor and 11.62 n2o.
    http://youtu.be/UV-I1mlKcTI

before you go cam, i say get everything else ready for it. Get the full K&N CAI, headers with y-pipe, delete cats, to a real muffler like borla or magnaflow (NOT FLOWMASTER) 3000 or so stall converter with an oregon performance trans cooler.

then get the DOD delete kit, which is LS2 valley cover, damnper, sproket and LS7 lifters. you will wanna do this for the cam swap because the stock lifter start to fail over 6k RPM (ive heard)

well, i pretty much just told you everything ive done to my truck

2008 GMC Sierra
    1998 GMC YUkon 4X4
    2007 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

Yeah the flowmaster is just for the time being, it was already on the truck. I was thinking about going with a 3" Dynomax bullet at the same time the LT's and Y pipe are put on......would this muffler hurt any, like not enougth backpressure?

see garage dont let the 5.3 fool ya it can make some decent POWAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.

GTFO of here choke-lahoma!! LMFAO!!

G isn't lying, we can pull some power out of the 5.3 but it just takes all the right components and setup to make it all mesh
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    lol...I wish you would never paint your truck...I bet it bugs them that much more that a primered up truck just soggied his Wheaties. good job buddy
    sprayedenali: i like catching, but not fishing
    DBTBSS: bring Tyler... we need someone to make fun of
    MidnightRider: your right im gay
    DamnYankee: my nana failed
    DamnYankee: confused...if it can't keep up to begin with, how can it keep up
    mitch cobb racing: ya, allen played with it for a while, HUGE difference

Dude you'll be amazed at the difference the nelson tune makes. I have a 04 cc 4x4 with 5.3, cai, catback and a NP tune. The tune made all the difference in the world. With each piece I could tell a little bit more but the tune is what made the biggest difference. If shifts so much better, its not a violent shift just feels like it can pull so much harder after it shifts than before. I think that has to do with the tourqe managment that NP gets rid of.

Yeah I plan on getting a Tune from a local guy in few weeks i will definitly post results.

What is this coolant bypass i keep hearing about? Is this something i can do on my 09?

Quote Originally Posted by Rmitch223 View Post
    Yeah I plan on getting a Tune from a local guy in few weeks i will definitly post results.

What is this coolant bypass i keep hearing about? Is this something i can do on my 09?
    its a little coolant line that runs to the bottom of the throttle body. i still need to do mine, just been lazy. just find a connector and bypass the tb.
    edit: just seen your nnbs, sorry. not sure about the new model. what i described was for my 06
    06ccsb, cammed, stalled, geared

Ordered a 3" single in & out Borla XR-1 yesterday to replace the blowmaster. Im excited to get it on, I will post some results.

+ Reply to Thread