+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: LT1 El Camino

Don't feel bad. I did my LT1 swap, 92 4.3L to 93 Vette LT1, 8 years ago and had over $7000 in it with a rental car and all. All the little incidentals is what ate me up.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Well,still spending money.Bandit helped me out with the wiring on the air pump code.Put a relay to the PCM and that codes gone. Now it's setting one for the rear O2's.
    Insufficient activity.
    No cats.

Installed a dual O2 sim Oscar sent me,but it doesn't change,staying at .448 and .480 Anyone know if they're supposed to change.I thought they would simulate an O2.

Can't get Oscar to answer the phone.GREAT customer support.

Think the surge is in the ignition.Won't set a code,but showing ocassional misfires.Changing on all cylinders.At a steady cruise and idle in gear.

Well,the heck with Dynatech. I found out where he got the O2 sim from and the guy e-mailed me how to test it.Answered back in a few hours

Had to backtrack on Oscar again with the speedo motor.Cable X they call it.Sent a screw on cable for an '82 El Camino. Sent it back to them for the snap on type.Oscar would've had me running around for months with no speedo

Still waiting on my cruise motor/servo

Blow me over. I actually got to talk to Oscar today even though he had a message on his answering machine to the effect that they would not be in until Thursday. Now he is using the excuse that I filed a report with the BBB, because I still haven't recieved everything I paid for 10 months ago, to delay the shipping of my parts. I am starting to get nervous to see if his reprogram of my PCM will work. I am truly worried over that one. I am following all his instructions to the letter and had to call for clarifications to his poor instructions. Supposedly according to the instructions he sent, the purple primary wire going from the starter switch is a 18 guage wire. He has undocumented lose wires and one wire that was supposed to be green with yellow stripe but there are two green with white stripe wires. I am stuck until I can get him to figure that one out for me. I am not going to have him try and blame me for doing something wrong like he has tried to do with others. I even paid for him to set up my harness to use my factory guages and I can see he hasn't done that for me. I am cutting my losses on that one.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Hey Greg,
    Sounds like Oscar screwed yours up worse than mine. You got a wiring diagram of your PCM and harness.I had to get one for mine.Half the stuff wasn't done to it.Did get my gauges hooked up though.I've had to put wires back in the harness.I've given up on any help from Dynatech.I just want my money back for my cruise and write the rest of it off. I'm going to keep on his ass till I get my cruise or money.

He'll wish I'd called the BBB.

Need any help with you're wiring I'll do what I can.I've got access to the diagrams during the week.

Got the cable back from Abbott for the Cable X unit Don't have any time to put it in right now,hopefully be able to work it in this week.Sure need a speedo.

Baker Electronix e-mailed a bunch and I got the O2 sim working.Got rid of that code and set a new one for out of range Looks like Oscar sent an old one and it's going too HI.Back to e-mailing Baker.Going to test it with some resistors and if it checks out Baker said they'll exchange it for a new one.Now that's the way to do business

Meantime,set another code for the purge E-mailing Baker again and we came up with a formula to fool the PCM,more resistors.As far as we could figure they don't make a sim for this,looks like the El Camino is a test vehicle also.

Changed the EGR and thought I was rid of that problem,but it set a code again.Only once in two weeks.Have to go back to that when I get rid of these other codes.Think these other codes are overiding that code.May still have a problem there.

Surge wasn't the Ignition,or EGR.Cleaned the Throttle Body and IAC again.Helped,but still there when it comes down to idle in gear.Going to check the fuel pressure.This pump,125 psi,may be too much for the stock regulator.
    Anyone run across this?

Damn, thats a lot of fuel pressure. What model of LT1 is that ?

That's what the MSD pump puts out,regulator should cut it down to 40 at the injectors.Rest is going through the return.Leaves 85 psi through the return.

Got to check it at the rail and see if it's 40.

It's a 97 f body engine,haven't looked it up,think it's supposed to be 36 and 40.

Hate to hook f/p tester up while I'm driving.Guess I can check the O2's with the monitor.Good idea.

Buy an electronic fuel pressure guage to leave mounted in the fuel rail, you will never reget it. My 93 Corvette LT1 was 52-56 psi. The factory 93 pump pushes 70 psi unregulated. I have an adjustable Lou Gigglioti fuel pressure regulator on mine.

+ Reply to Thread