+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Dont know if someone has asked this before.... I think this would be a badass race

I think ole Black-X will be up there with the big boys as soon as he finishes his new setup. He ran low 9s with a 370ci through 1 5/8 shorties on 16psi with more than 4klbs race weight. His S10 is a true street truck with heat/AC subwoofers and everything. This year he's going to a 408 with around 18psi and trying to get his weight to around 3800lbs. It's a nasty truck for sure but the cage keeps it from being a sleeper.

http://youtu.be/ffMhSDTuEuM
    2005 Silverado SS AWD
    AEM CAI, ARH LTs, HD-2 shift kit with vette servo, Circle D 278mm 3200 stall Madtunesracing.com street tune (MTR now has a Dynojet 248 chassis dyno)

13.82 @ 94.92 w/1.83 60'

that truck is deffently badass and still with a form of 4l60e trans. Jared is close to 5k lbs and traps higher then most race trucks do
    Quote Originally Posted by ss454327 View Post
    I think ole Black-X will be up there with the big boys as soon as he finishes his new setup. He ran low 9s with a 370ci through 1 5/8 shorties on 16psi with more than 4klbs race weight. His S10 is a true street truck with heat/AC subwoofers and everything. This year he's going to a 408 with around 18psi and trying to get his weight to around 3800lbs. It's a nasty truck for sure but the cage keeps it from being a sleeper.

http://youtu.be/ffMhSDTuEuM
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

So how does everyone know that parish's truck ended up in mexico?... Does anyone know if he is working on another project?

I know flaco has a profile on here, is he coming up with any new projects?

Quote Originally Posted by michaelweston1@yahoo.com View Post
    So how does everyone know that parish's truck ended up in mexico?... Does anyone know if he is working on another project?

Because he sold it to someone in Mexico. Go check PT.net, it's in there somewhere.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Quote Originally Posted by michaelweston1@yahoo.com View Post

Was sold for 32or35k and the new owner made it an sss clone. Parish built a garage then bought a g8 and twin turboed that

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    Was sold for 32or35k and the new owner made it an sss clone. Parish built a garage then bought a g8 and twin turboed that
    Damn, he needs to get a profile on here too...

I think that Flaco is going to build a RC Dodge next.

I will look into Jared's truck because I'm curious to what this definition is of a "true street truck" is.

Can it have a fuel cell or does it have to retain the factory gas tank?

Can it have Ca-Trac's as long as it has factory leaf springs?

What other do's and don'ts are associated with keeping a truck a "true street truck"?
    2013 EC Silverado aka redruM (Just a couple bolt ons.)
    2007 RC Silverado aka ?
    1998 Trans AM aka Red Dragon

"Your pull your truck to the track on a trailer, I race you with a truck that pulled a trailer to the track."

It really doesn't matter what others or ourselves thinks a true street truck is. We all have definitions and they are never going to meet in the middle.
    If I can drive my truck on the street, it's a street truck right? It's "inspected" and registered, doesn't over heat, etc etc. End of discussion.

I think the more features you leave on the truck, considers it more of a "street truck".

The only way would be to enter a competition setup by a recognized group that establishes the definition, then we all race and that determines who has the street truck.
    I think reliability plays a big part in the definition, that's just me.

I would think a true street truck would be taking the truck Allen used for the 100 extra hp dyno thread, and dropping parish's motor in it along with a 4l80e, and some traction parts/cal-tracs, drag radials, drop kit.... I think once you get into all the super weight reduction, ac removal, wheelie bar, slicks, tubbed bed, parachute...etc, thats when it becomes more of a track truck...

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    It really doesn't matter what others or ourselves thinks a true street truck is. We all have definitions and they are never going to meet in the middle.
    If I can drive my truck on the street, it's a street truck right? It's "inspected" and registered, doesn't over heat, etc etc. End of discussion.

I think the more features you leave on the truck, considers it more of a "street truck".

The only way would be to enter a competition setup by a recognized group that establishes the definition, then we all race and that determines who has the street truck.
    I think reliability plays a big part in the definition, that's just me.
    I always feel like I have started a good Thread when I see Allen on it putting in his opinions...lol

+ Reply to Thread