+ Reply to Thread

Thread: no spark!! help!

no spark!! help!

well i started started up my truck today n it start with no problem, but i did notice it sounded like a ricer engine with no exhaust since i dont have it hooked up yet. i left it on for a while n only the passenger side exhaust manifold was get hot, n the other was just warm so i checked for a spark on all the driver side cylinders n no spark! so wat could it be? something i did wrong in the harness? or perhaps the PCM maybe my tuner did something wrng?

btw this is on a 88 chevy with 5.3 swap

I would check power and grounds to the driver side coils and make sure you have 12v to the injectors when the key is on.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    I would check power and grounds to the driver side coils and make sure you have 12v to the injectors when the key is on.
    kool ill do that today

I had a similar issue where we thought it was the spark at first. Ended up that the company that did the harness had 2 of the wires in the o2 sensor switched backwards....

Agree with Red. Luckily you have a know good side, so you can swap the 4 offending coils with the good side and rule that good or not.
    1991 Silverado ECLB
    LM7-T56

problem solved it turned out to be a lose connection from the harness to the coil pack thanks guys

+ Reply to Thread