+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Interior/Exterior Detail Products

Interior/Exterior Detail Products

Ok so I have been doing some research on different products. It seems that almost all of the forums are over run by Adams Products so I honestly can't get a feel for why Mothers or Meguiars, etc is better than Adams. Adams is a bit higher priced then some of the other products, but it seems to really make some vehicles look good and get really cleaned.

But say for Leather Cleaner kits, Mother's Leather Cleaner, and then Mothers Leather Conditioner, is only $20 bucks and I can get it at Oreillys.

It's hard to pick interior and even exterior products, and for someone to not be able to tell me why Adams is better than others. I figure if I ask why, I would get the boot for bashing sponsors. So I figured I might get some unbiased feedback here.

Any suggestions on Interior Cleaners for LEATHER, Microfiber towels, Leather cleaner, exterior cleaners, etc.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Interior I always use Meguiars Supreme Shine Protectant, it works very well and not greasy at all and shine stays on for a good while, washed some friends cars interiors with it, and their friends were all asking me what I used, definitely worth a try..
    Run your motor, not your mouth..

04 ECSB 5.3 Sierra: 14.6@95
    Pacesetter Headers, Intake, Tune

Not anything you'd find in a vatozone but I've been using Havertys (furniture) leather conditioner and protectant wipes in my Vette and cherokee easy no spraying anything and most of all not greasy obviously since its made for leather sofas couches and shizz like that cleans up good shines but not greasy

I've used everything from cheap crap to stuff I paid too much for. As far as interior products I haven't found anything that beats Adams. It is more expensive, but you also use less product and it does last longer. Their exterior stuff is great, it's a high end CONSUMER product, Meguiars and 3M have them beat for a PROFESSIONAL product. Keep in mind Meguiars has two lines. Cheap crap and quality stuff.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Whats the more high end Meguiars Products? Are the applicators Adams sells, the same ones that are every where else?

Also what about towels? I think I may just bite the bullet and get Adams interior cleaner and leather cleaner.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Adams towels and microfibres are awesome. The applicators are nothing extraordinary.
    Last edited by Frenchy; 04-03-2013 at 11:45 AM.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Everything is use is meguires. Gold wash, NXT2.0 wax, clay bar, quick detailer, interior leather cleaner and conditioner, interior spray, and tire dressing. For rags I use the generic microfibers from the parts store. If you keep them uncontaminated they work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by AFSP1211 View Post
    Everything is use is meguires. Gold wash, NXT2.0 wax, clay bar, quick detailer, interior leather cleaner and conditioner, interior spray, and tire dressing. For rags I use the generic microfibers from the parts store. If you keep them uncontaminated they work just fine.
    You need to try the Adams microfiber towels they will change your life.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

Whats the longevity of the towels? Anyone wash and dry the towels?
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Quote Originally Posted by kerrige View Post
    You need to try the Adams microfiber towels they will change your life.
    I might invest in some for this summers' washes. I'd like to try some Adams product to see if they are any different. Just can't see spending as much as Adams wants. Might pull the trigger in a few months though.

+ Reply to Thread