+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 90mm throttle body to use or not to use

90mm throttle body to use or not to use

I got a new in the box cable driven throttle body for free from a friend when he got out of the ls game it is a cheap off brand one. My question is I have a stock truck intake on my 5.3 with a vinci cam and 4.11s with a stall can I port my intake to take advantage of the 90 it is getting hit with a nx 100 shot with a shark nozzle and this winter it will be turboed. Should I use the throttle body or just sell it and use the money for nitrous refills lol thanks guys. My engine is a 2001 lm7 the throttle body is a 78 mm stock isn't it.
    Last edited by 94RCSB; 07-26-2013 at 02:21 PM.

It won't fit. Your intake is a 3 bolt 78mm where as the 90mm is 4bolt. You would need to swap to the NNBS/TBSS manifold to take advantage of the larger tb. Also I am somewhat Leary of knock off parts... does it have any kind of name on it or can you post pics? I know the Chinese knock offs are okay on NA motors but the spring isn't strong enough for boosted motors.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

It is a 3 bolt throttle body here is a pic I can't find any name anywhere or a part number.
    Attached Images

I'm not sure what good a 90mm tb will be on a 78mm intake..

+ Reply to Thread