+ Reply to Thread

Thread: AC Working after LS Swap In OBS

AC Working after LS Swap In OBS

What did everyone use to keep the AC working after swapping the motor?

I pinned the AC wires to the new PCM but I dont have the AC request signal from the climate control in the dash. It all worked prior to the swap.

I have it rigged right now with a switch to turn on a fan and trigger the AC relay just to get by on these hot and humid days.
    Been lurking since 09 and I finally have my kickass 6.0 LQ4
    LQ4 LQ9 6.0L Engine Service Manual Save to your computer in case it disappears

On my 92, I left all the factory ac wiring in place. It isn't tied to the new ECM at all. I run one of my cooling fans off the pressure switch and a relay, so the fan comes on when the compressor engages. The only thing you can't do with this setup is alter idle in the ac idle table as you have no signal to the ECM. My truck idles fine when the ac kicks on though. I'm using the original compressor on a dirty dingo bracket.
    1992 rcsb 5.3 lm7, NV3500
    2012 corvette vert, ls3
    Both tuned by me with HP Tuners

Quote Originally Posted by jcrumpley View Post
    On my 92, I left all the factory ac wiring in place. It isn't tied to the new ECM at all. I run one of my cooling fans off the pressure switch and a relay, so the fan comes on when the compressor engages. The only thing you can't do with this setup is alter idle in the ac idle table as you have no signal to the ECM. My truck idles fine when the ac kicks on though. I'm using the original compressor on a dirty dingo bracket.
    I am using the same setup but I wired in the a/c request and I also had to wire a ground to the 1999 pcm red 55 so it thought it had pressure in system. Mine idles up when ever I run the a/c

yep. just keep it wired the way it was and make sure your fans kick on when pump engages. pcm will sense the load and idle up. mine works just fine.
    Like Tumbler in "Gone in 60" I'll drive anything with wheels or without

My 95 ECSB LQ9 build thread - http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...to-95-obs.html
    CALI LEGAL ENGINE SWAP!
    Stock 03 LQ9, DBW, 95' 4l80e w/ Transgo shift kit, 2010 50# GM injectors, 2800 Circle D stall, Spectre CAI, Upgraded trans cooler, Home-made E-fans/shroud, Dual EP-381 fuel pumps w/Home-made hotwire kit
    NEXT ON LIST: Dual Battery setup, CAM/Valvetrain upgrade, Build my own rear mount turbo, TRU-TRAC, HIT THE STRIP!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gagliano7 View Post
    I am using the same setup but I wired in the a/c request and I also had to wire a ground to the 1999 pcm red 55 so it thought it had pressure in system. Mine idles up when ever I run the a/c
    Does the ac request go to the low pressure switch or the power on compressor?

+ Reply to Thread