+ Reply to Thread

Thread: ghost stripes

What does everyone think about ghost stripes on my truck? I am getting the black bed cover painted the same color as the truck, and am thinking of striping from the grill to the rear bumper(hood/roof/bed cover/tailgate) I want to get them just a little bit lighter than the gray of the truck, just enough to notice.

I would like to see that seeing as how we have the same color trucks.

but if I may say, lose the bug shield, the nerf bars, the side molding and the 1500 stickers, and then do it.
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

Just do the hood and tailgate with the classic chevelle SS stripes. You dont want to get a ricer look
    DANIEL CAMMED SS 13.46 @ 98.17-- 8.58 @ 80.31

2003 Silverado SS / LQ9 6.0L / Wheatley 93 Octane Tune / 224/228 .581 .588 110lsa / Patriot Gold Dual Springs / Comp Hardened Push Rods / Circle D 3800 stall / Pacesetter LT's / 4:10 Gears / Transgo HD-2 Shift Kit / K & N Cold Air Intake / Corvette Servo / Aeroforce Interceptor / Autometer Narrorband(Wideband on the way) / Mobile 1 Synthetic / Single Chamber Flows with X Pipe / Cats Delete with Cutouts

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(duckysbht &#064; Jan 23 2007, 08&#58;34 PM) [snapback]80932[/snapback]</div>
    I would like to see that seeing as how we have the same color trucks.

but if I may say, lose the bug shield, the nerf bars, the side molding and the 1500 stickers, and then do it.
    [/b]

The side mouldings, 1500 + 4x4 stickers, and the CHEVROLET on the tailgate, but not the nerf bars. Mine is 4x4, the mud flaps, and nerf bars are staying, it doesn&#39;t get near as many chips and dings when I go fishing/hunting/off roading. The bug shield comes and goes, fall and winter there is a lot of crap on the sides of the road that other vehicles can flip up at you.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Red03SilSS &#064; Jan 23 2007, 08&#58;45 PM) [snapback]80933[/snapback]</div>
    Just do the hood and tailgate with the classic chevelle SS stripes. You dont want to get a ricer look
    [/b]
    I&#39;m not putting a double wing w/ a dragon sticker on it. lol

With the hard bed cover the same color, I think it would look halfassed to only do the tailgate in the rear.

i like em better with the stripes on the bed cover... IMO
    Quote Originally Posted by DamnYankee View Post
    lol...I wish you would never paint your truck...I bet it bugs them that much more that a primered up truck just soggied his Wheaties. good job buddy
    sprayedenali: i like catching, but not fishing
    DBTBSS: bring Tyler... we need someone to make fun of
    MidnightRider: your right im gay
    DamnYankee: my nana failed
    DamnYankee: confused...if it can't keep up to begin with, how can it keep up
    mitch cobb racing: ya, allen played with it for a while, HUGE difference

I also saw these wheels in another post, and like them alot the more I look at them.
    What if I would paint the black the same gray as the truck, when I do the bed cover.

I did ghost stripes on my old chevy in high school, and I think they look great on a dark colored vehicle. I used a light coat of that color shifting paint on a black car. I laid them out like traditional SS stripes, and when cleared off it was pretty awesome. It was subtle enough you didn&#39;t always notice them, but on a nice sunny day they really stood out.
    '99 GMC RCSB
    3" Body lift, 4" Rancho lift, Fox shocks
    36" BFG All-terrains
    LQ9 6.0L swap, gt2-3 cam, longtubes, LS1 fans, Nelson Performance tune
    4.8 gears/Eaton posi
    Built 4l65e
    Custom paint, roll pan, filled tail lights, relocated tail gate handle

Future mods:
    Boost!!

There&#39;s a durango around town that is the same color that has ghost flames the color I want my stripes. I saw it at lowes about a month ago. I was walking out to my truck and it just barely caught my eye from 30&#39; away, but when I got up close they stood out nicely. I&#39;m not big on flames, but the were just subtle enough that they looked really good.

DBYRD Guest
    i agree, and i never think a truck looks ricer i mean it takes a fart can to make a truck ricer. why are stripes considered ricer it they go all the way over a truck IMO they look better that way and cheap if not. it(to me) would look like u didnt have the &#036; to have the roof painted if u went with just hood and tailgate. good idea with ghost flames +1 for that idea.

+ Reply to Thread