+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 2007 yukon high idle problems

2007 yukon high idle problems

i have a 2007 GMC yukon with 5.3 v8, had dtc P0121 for TPS performance, was told to clean out throttle body, so I did, after putting everything back together, this things idles at 2200 rpm and will not come down, tried disconecting the battery for 10 minutes, did the drive learn, but still no change, was told that I had to take it to the dealership for a throttle relearn that can only be done with there scanner, anyone ahd this problem that could guide me in the right direction?
    Had a 99 GMC ESCB with LQ4 conversion and Nelson Performance tunning, currently workin on my 82 SCB GMC with carbed LQ4 conversion in progress, Also have a 00 SS Camaro that runs mid 11's all day long with bolt ons, Drag race my 79 malibu that has a 496 BBC runnin 10's on motor, shootin for 9's with the 250 shot of nitrous in its near future. Use my 04 2500 chevy to pull my rig around and drive the fam in our 07 NNBS yukon, Die Hard Chevy Fan Till The Death.

Sounds like you have a severe vacuum leak somewhere.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Throttle relearn? sounds bogus to me, is the blade maybe stuck from closing more after the cleaning?
    GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT RICER MATH!

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    Sounds like you have a severe vacuum leak somewhere.
    +1.

Its a GMT900 truck is presume? Is there a hose coming from the pass. side valve cover that goes into the TB?

Did you completely disconnect and remove the TB prior to cleaning?

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

I got it fixed, they performed the throttle relearn procedure at the GM dealership, this is a NNBS yukon and it isnt like the previous models, I used to fix idle problems on the previous style LS motors by cleaning out the throttle body, performing the capacitive discharge method touching both leads off the battery after discontecting them and then letting it idle about 10 minutes, but it didnt work this time, also this truck uses a Different PCM, not like the older 99-06 models, so if you know of anyone having this problem, you can let them know what worked in my case, once again thanks for you replies.
    Had a 99 GMC ESCB with LQ4 conversion and Nelson Performance tunning, currently workin on my 82 SCB GMC with carbed LQ4 conversion in progress, Also have a 00 SS Camaro that runs mid 11's all day long with bolt ons, Drag race my 79 malibu that has a 496 BBC runnin 10's on motor, shootin for 9's with the 250 shot of nitrous in its near future. Use my 04 2500 chevy to pull my rig around and drive the fam in our 07 NNBS yukon, Die Hard Chevy Fan Till The Death.

Cool. Glad you got it figured out.

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

+ Reply to Thread