+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Put new tune in today

Hey guys and gals,
    Put my nelson tune in today on the 05 LM7. I cant get the SES light to go off. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jeff
    2005 ECSB 5.3

crankshaft relearn most likely
    2005 RCSB SILVERADO 2WD 5.3 3.73 LOCKING DIFF. VOLANT CAI W/RAM AIR TUBE, TB BYPASS, FLOWMASTER MUSCLE TRUCK CAT BACK, 160 THERMO, TUNED BY WAIT4ME PERFORMANCE LT'S,SERVOS, CONVERTER & SHIFT KIT COMING SOON OTHER MODS TO FOLLOW
    http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...2/100_0016.jpg

I believe Slammadingdong has answered my question. See the thread Westers I think I changed my mind.

thanks Sammadingdong, You will need to PM me sometime on how you came up with that name.

Jeff
    2005 ECSB 5.3

Originally posted by WHT6.0HD@Aug 21 2005, 11:01 AM
    I believe Slammadingdong has answered my question. See the thread Westers I think I changed my mind.

thanks Sammadingdong, You will need to PM me sometime on how you came up with that name.

Jeff
    Glad I was able to help

The screen name SlammaDingdong is in honor of good buddy of mine named Sam (seen in my Avatar). Sam just happened to be a Golden Retriever, and his nickname was "SammaDingdong", so my screen name is just a play on that. Sam, rest his soul, is no longer of this earth , but he loved life and had many great adventures in his LS1 Truck!

Jeff
    Base: 2004 Victory Red Silverado 1500 2WD RCLB, LR4, 4L60E, 3.73, HD Suspension, P245/75R16 Tires
    Mechanical/Performance: Nelson 93 Octane Tune (See Slamma's CarDomain.Com Page for more details)

Good story and good name!

The check engine light was cleared on Monday. I didnt know anyone that had a tool to read the codes. Went by the local mechanic and it was 55.00 bucks for him to clear the code. OUCH!!!

Anyway, I have watched engine hours and miles on the tune. At first there is not much difference a little firmer shifts. At 200 miles it begins to wake up. Shifts are good, throtle response better and shifts are getting better. Of course this is a very technical science of seat of the pants technology.

I will run it hard this next week and give another technical report.

Jeff
    2005 ECSB 5.3

Did he tell you what the code was before he cleared it? My SES light is on also and a local shop will turn it off also for $50. I just dont want to take the chances of them reflashing my pcm
    --WHOOP ASS RACING--
    2005 Silverbirch Metallic SS 2WD
    13.86 @ 97MPH 2.01 60'
    AEM CAI-Pacesetters-Tune-Magnaflow-asp pulley
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...out2winsig.jpg

+ Reply to Thread