+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Devin's Garage. (Sloppy seconds. Moze beat me to the first post.)

Devin's Garage (sleeper1500)

2006 Silverado

Alright, my dad bought this truck brand new in June '06. It replaced his old '92 Dodge that never did die, it was more of an assisted suicide through cash for clunkers. It is the bottom of the line W/T, the only options it came with were A/C, a CD player and the Grenade 80 "locker". Dad being dad is a form over function kinda person, so I was worried he'd come home with some beige longbox old man truck. I got home from work to this thing sitting in the driveway and almost shit my pants. It was actually sharp, eye catching and most importantly, NOT BEIGE. He said he bought it because it reminded him of his old C10. (a '70, I think.) I had heard of this old C10 before, built to the nuts 350, Muncie M22 and a 12 bolt with 4.56's. He melted two pistons out of it. Anyway he drove it for 2 years box stock without doing anything except the Ave wheels. June 2008 I took it over and knew not a damn thing about late model stuff, having the impression that if you do anything to a PCM controlled engine it was gonna run like crap. One thing lead to another I Googled 2006 Silverado V8 swap and landed here.

I was broke, going from minimum wage job to minimum wage job at various shops and dealerships. So this truck got almost no attention. September '09 I scraped up enough money to buy a super low mileage flex fuel 5.3 and the harness. Working for GM at the time I picked up a bunch of parts for the swap but never got around to it.

The 5.3 still sits in the shop but being that I got a decent job the truck got some attention. Over the last year or so it got a fair bit of attention so here's the list.

Engine (current)
    4.3 V6
    3" exhaust with a 28" Magnaflow
    K&N drop in filter
    Tuned by ME
    Brand X wet nitrous kit.

On the stand
    2005 5.3 LM7
    Shaved 243's
    Pat G spec'd EPS cam (222/226 .598 on a 111)

Looks department
    Dropped 2/2 on Belltech shackles and Mcgaughy's spindles with ave 17's and Hankook Ventus 275/60/17's
    5% tint in the rear 30% on the sides
    Completely de-badged and de-stickered
    Headlight covers
    6000k HID's and amber DRL's
    And most importantly, everyones favourite. The MUDFLAPS!

Sound system
    Alpine head unit
    Alpine type R 6.5s in the doors and type r 5.25s in the pillars
    Infinity 347 watt mono amp powering a Rockford Fosgate P2 10" in a duct_tape123 designed box behind the driver's seat.

Current pic

And a few more.

Last edited by Frenchy; 12-20-2010 at 04:28 PM.

+ Reply to Thread