+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Twins Comments needed.

Twins Comments needed.

Here are some pics, and we are interested in seeing how many people may want this type of set up.
    We have had customers ask if we where every going to do a twin turbo set up. My first thought and question is why, a single can handle what 90% of trucks out there need, right .
    Our single Street Stalker kit comes with a t76 which put JJs truck into the deep 11's I beleive.
    So we have been kicking this around for a little while. And seeing how the Avalanche was still in the air, I figure lets take a closer look at this.
    So we build a beta unit, trial fit stuff. Log manifold with a T4 flange, and 3" downpipe.
    This TWIN setup may be offered as an upgrade kit to the INTRO and Street Stalker. (if we can find the interest in building this set up.)
    Again we are just testing the waters right now.

The 07 trucks can have a custom IC build with dual 2.5 inlets at the bottom and a single 3" out the top. The exit point would be the same as the single stage IC for the 07 stuff. You can see it at the bottom right.

The throttle body connection goes over the top of the turbos inlet.

The turbo rides a little lower then the Passenger side unit does, this aids in getting around the steering and missing the top radiator hose. You can also see the IC outlet. The zip ties are just holding it up while we build a little bracket so not to stress the coupler any.

You can see the wiring harness laying across the turbo. No biggy, off the compressor housing a clean support bracket will be built to hold those wires above the turbo about 3 inches. So no worries about melting anything. And we also will include more heat sleeving to protect all wiring and lines around anything hot. Spark plugs are easy to get to and no plug wires burning either. That harness on the altenator bracket will be moved forward away from the turbine housing.

Downpipe will end under the truck, you would have to have an exhaust shop finish it out and make the final connections. We added a Vband clamp at the bottom to aid in that part. The brake lines do need to move towards the drivers side about 2 inches which gives tons of clearance around the DP. Again heat sleeving will be provided for those as well.

Pricing has not been figured yet, seeing how we are in beta mode.
    later

Simply the best turbo kit for late model GM trucks.

Custom fabrication to fit your budget and needs.
    Dealers for Precision, Comp. & Magnum turbos.

Online Store
    [/CENTER]

Looking good, and how could I upgrade to a twin turbo? How would the turbo manifold that I currently have work? Would it be block where the crossover pipe went into?

I could keep the single and I know it will take me where I want, but seeing how the crossover pipe hangs and my truck been so low I don't like to worry about it. I just lower my truck, and also the intercooler is way to low, its about 1 inch off the ground.

2001 GMC Silverado

Stock Bottom End LQ9, MS3, Stock 317's, Victor Jr, Aron's Elbow, 90mm TB, 1 7/8 TSP headers, FLT 4L80-E, Rossler Trans-Brake, 3600 PI TQ, 4.10's, 31" tire. Nitrous Dave System with Zex plate. On 150 shot 10.53 @ 128MPH 1.51 60'

Old Setup = Trick Turbo Kit Tuned/Installed By Nelson Performance 10.78 @ 127.08 1.62 60'

BTW Do you have a turbo I can barrow??? JK

But do you have any that you could sell me new or used? I need to move the truck, the water in the floor its actually from a hose near the t4 flange where the turbo would go, one of the heater hoses starter spraying water cause it got relly hot, I'll need to check that out tomorrow. It happen cause I was driving around to test out the height.
    2001 GMC Silverado

Stock Bottom End LQ9, MS3, Stock 317's, Victor Jr, Aron's Elbow, 90mm TB, 1 7/8 TSP headers, FLT 4L80-E, Rossler Trans-Brake, 3600 PI TQ, 4.10's, 31" tire. Nitrous Dave System with Zex plate. On 150 shot 10.53 @ 128MPH 1.51 60'

Old Setup = Trick Turbo Kit Tuned/Installed By Nelson Performance 10.78 @ 127.08 1.62 60'

great job, very nice, congrat....

damn jj....that is sick dude!!!!you just keep making that thing better and better....
    '13 silverado LT...stock

'11 lt 4x4 z71..tvs1900

'01 gmc twins 6.0 jakes 400 ladder bars w/ coilovers tuned by nelson performance

so the twins kit comes with both t76's? Or did you downgrade to two smaller turbos?
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

I love twins. There are reasons certain things come in pairs. Shoes, socks ,
    breasts, turbos .
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

Quote Originally Posted by bud8fan View Post
    damn jj....that is sick dude!!!!you just keep making that thing better and better....
    Ya bud8, his truck is something else. If you think about it, it really doesn't have a lot of stuff on it, it's just done right and is a beast! It's nice because it shows how much you can get from a truck with moderate mods.
    I can't wait to see this thing go mid 10's.

back on track,

Trick, that's looking good! I can't wait to see this thing in action. I'm assuming it's going to fit the new Silverados and GMC's as well, aren't they all similar as far as frame design? Or close enough?

Get some pics up of the intercooler routing, I'd like to see that.

I think this kit will be at the top of the list, IF, someone wants a twin turbo, but like you said, that's only about 10% of us, a single will handle more than enough for most of us. Personally, I'd love a twin setup, build me one and I'll push if for you, hehehe.

nice work Trick,
    allen

[quote=JJ_NLTO;100391]Looking good, and how could I upgrade to a twin turbo? How would the turbo manifold that I currently have work? Would it be block where the crossover pipe went into?

Hey JJ, I didn't realize your truck was so damn low, damn!!!

If you want, we can take some measurements and get that intercooler behind the grill, it'll actually cool better around town. I think we only need to relocate the trans coooler and that can be put between the condensor and radiator. We'll have to come up with somehthing on the routing for the pipes, but no biggy.

btw, your smaller turbo should be on the way today or tomorrow, i'll send it right up to you.

nice work on the truck, it looks awesome!

allen

Yeah the intercooler in the grill would be a nice thing since I really like the truck been low, oh and Im going to get the 03+ GMC front which it might give a little more space in that area. One think I need for sure is the 22's up front so it can be higher and that way I only use the bogarts at the track.

Oh and I'll be getting the MT fronts which will give me about 1 more inch up front.
    Last edited by JJ_TURBO; 08-10-2007 at 09:28 AM. Reason: Forgot
    2001 GMC Silverado

+ Reply to Thread