+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Computer?

If I go with a computer from an LS1 for my 5.3, can I use one that was for a 6 speed car and have it programmed? As of now, the only computer I have available to me is from a 6 speed car, but I will be putting a 4L60E behind my engine. So, can the programming be done?

Also, my engine is a 2000. Can I use any 4.8, 5.3, or LS1 computer between 99-02?

What year is your truck?
    The pcm you have probably has a service number 4896,

If your truck is a 99-00, then you can have that pcm flashed and use it, but you already have one in your truck.

If your truck already has a v8 and all you're doing is putting in an ls1, then you don't need the pcm from the ls1, just use your pcm from your truck. It will run, but to make it run good, you'll need to get some tuning.

good luck,

allen

You can have whatever vehicle program or engine/transmission program needed programmed into the PCM. What is the service number on the PCM you have? Personally I am partial to the LS1 programs but that's just me. You can run all the LS1 engine components on a 5.3L engine. If you have the 5.3L engine harness then go with the 5.3 tune just make sure it's a program for a model that doesn't have an electronic throttle pedal.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

I don't have a pcm yet. I am putting a 5.3 in my 91 chevy pickup. So far, all I can find are pcm's for camaro/vettes with a manual tranny.

The engine I am using is out of a 2000 pickup, but I dont have a computer or wiring harness for it yet. I am still trying to locate the two items through some local wrecking yards and online.

What computers can I use for this engine? From what I understand, I can use anything between 99-02? What is different about a 98 computer from, say, a camaro?

I already answered your question on LS1Tech.com.

How are you having trouble finding a PCM from a 5.3 truck? Check www.car-part.com or Allen can probably hook you up with one.
    I'd name other places but don't want to step on any toes here.
    New Truck on it's way: '07 Classic GMC 2500HD DuraMax LBZ

03' Silverado ECSB 4x4 Z71 LQ9, TR230, Patriot LS6, 31lbs, Trailblazer stall, Corvette servo, Corsa Touring,
    HP Tuners

SOLD - 99' Silverado ECSB 4x4 5.3, Edelbrock RPM, Nitto Terra Grapplers, Texas-Speed Tuned 02' PCM, LT1 fans

Get a 0411 PCM tuned by Allen for your conversion. Hiway Auto might be able to locate you a harness. Contact Austin at Hiway Auto, site sponsor.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

A computer, an essential tool in modern life, encompasses a range of devices from desktops to laptops and beyond. It processes vast amounts of data, enabling everything from complex calculations to immersive gaming. In retail, computers manage inventory, sales, and customer records, often integrating peripherals like a pos printer for efficient transaction processing. These printers produce receipts swiftly, enhancing customer service by providing instant records of purchases. Beyond retail, computers power industries, communication, and research, driving innovation across the globe. Their versatility continues to evolve, shaping how we work, connect, and create in today's digital age.

+ Reply to Thread