+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: LS6 Intake Swap

no u can use truck fuel rails and injectors. ls1 intake would be fine but you'll end up loosing power over the truck intake. the way i did it i believe is the cheapest and cleanest looking way.

11' Sierra 6.2 NHT
    14.46@91 Stock
    89' Mustang LSX
    10.35@130 pump gas LQ4

Knothead Racing

I'd like to keep the truck intake, but I can't because of clearance issues with the hood. Thanks for the info.
    There's no replacement for displacement.

I started on this swap and have it all done exept the water pump. I read that you could use the stock truck water pump on cable style throttle bodies but since I have a nitrous plate it ended up hitting the neck. Still waiting on my l92 water pump to arrive and then I'll take some pics. I recommend to order an l92 or ls1 style pump prior to starting on the swap.

9 sec truck club

whats a ruff estimate on price to do a ls6 intake conversion on the 5.3. and how much of a difference am i looking at in hp and torque??

Great write up thanks I just got my new Idler pulley bracket today just need the intake and water pump and the install should be done in no time.
    Here are some pics of the bracket they made compared to the regular bracket that i got from a member.

A.J.

RCSB GMC SIERRA 00

Nice looking billet
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

What are you doing with the other one??? Want to sell it??
    01' 2500HD 4X4
    6.0L 4l80E
    stock....
    -Chris

that billet piece is nice if you don't need clearance for the pulley. I didn't think of that earlier. Have you bolted the idler pulley to it yet?
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Quote Originally Posted by 85mudblazin View Post
    What are you doing with the other one??? Want to sell it??
    Yes Want to buy it?

Quote Originally Posted by RedHeartbeat View Post
    that billet piece is nice if you don't need clearance for the pulley. I didn't think of that earlier. Have you bolted the idler pulley to it yet?
    Yes it works
    A.J.

RCSB GMC SIERRA 00

where did you buy the billet one from and how much? if 85mudblazin does not want the other one let me know. You can email me at drumpro01@hotmail.com

+ Reply to Thread