+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: project "GoNDown"

now to the most dreaded part, WIRING!!!!! i understand the new harness to the motor & ECU. what i'm having problems with is figuring out what to keep on my truck harness & where to tie in for the speedo, tach, oil pressure, & temp. i'm trying to remove all the engine side from my harness & just have the body side left, if that makes sense. there's 2 plugs on the firewall, main bulkhead on the driver side & i'm guessing the one on the passenger side is for the heat & a/c? if anyone has a diagram for these plugs that would be great, or if someone has done this swap in a 96-98 & are running only the LS ECU please get with me. i'd like to talk to someone on the phone so i can figure out what i'm missing here.

yea me!!!!! i found the pin out for the main firewall plug, C100 connector. should make things go a little easier.

now i just need to figure out what stays & what can be removed. also still need to find out about the other plug on the passenger side which really isn't a plug, it's a weather tight grommet.

some of the ones in the pin out above don't match my plug.
    i also found this one but it's missing some of row D & all of row E. some of those match on mine but some don't.
    Last edited by RPM Graphics; 12-16-2011 at 10:39 PM.

little info on the C100 connector diagrams.
    the first one matches my 96 exact.
    the second matches the 98 harness exact.
    some people tell me 96-97 is the same others say 97-98 is the same, either way 96 is totally different then 98.

i went back to pull a part & bought another harness from a 96 this time. this harness should go a lot quicker.

man i messed up my stock wiring harness...i gotta get another one smh..im having problems with the pns switch. i think i cut off too much stuff..i got everything i need to get it running but...i cant get it running. hey what are you doing about a/c?
    96 2 Door Tahoe 4wd / 5.3 Swap / CAI / Tune / Pacesetter LTs / Magnaflow / LED Dash / Novak A/C Bracket /

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/lsx-t...ders-pics.html

i went a little crazy on the first harness then realized it was for a 98 & won't work in my 96. pull a part sells the complete harness for $24 so if wasn't a big loss, more of a learning experience. i basically marked all the plugs i know a had to keep, oil pressure, water temp & a/c. then i started to cut out everything else that went to the truck ECU. hopefully we'll get my firewall painted this weekend & i can start putting everything back together & see how things go. worse come to worst i'll have to go back to pull a part & get another harness, but i think i'm going to be good. are you keeping your truck ECU? from my understanding the only thing you will need it for is the ABS, which i'm removing from mine.

you have everything hooked up & it's not starting or not staying started? have you had the LS ECU tuned? you have to have the VATS removed in order for it to run.

i'm not really worried about a/c now, i've been without it for 4 years. i did keep the a/c wiring from the truck harness intact for future.
    i'm talked to a few different bracket makers & have discussed working a trade when the time comes, so which ever one is ready to trade at the time will be the one i go with.

yea pcm is tuned and ready to go. there s aguy on here that just ran the ls pcm. he even told me which pins to transfer. int he 97 suburban swap in the conversion section. he is still using abs with the new pcm. i think it just need vss. i asked about a/c because i have a kwik bracket im trying to get rid of. im going with the older syle r4 compressor and a novak bracket. i need to just go get a new harness
    96 2 Door Tahoe 4wd / 5.3 Swap / CAI / Tune / Pacesetter LTs / Magnaflow / LED Dash / Novak A/C Bracket /

fenders are just about ready.

my friend just dropped off my intake.

Quote Originally Posted by RPM Graphics View Post
    my friend just dropped off my intake.
    loos like candy! i was thinking about going with a car intake but i heard the truck intake gives you more low end torque. i like low end torque!! those pinouts up there saved my ass last night man!! i went through the 96 harness and removed everything i didnt need. then using wayoung post i elimnated the stock pcm..wish me luck!

yeah, know where everything goes into the firewall is a big help. the wiring has definitely been he biggest headache of the whole swap, that & getting friends over to help, LOL!!!

+ Reply to Thread