+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Black Diamond LSx376 Whipple charged

I thought the warranty on this engine was 1 year 50,000 miles? How is that effected by the cam install? How long do you see the 6L80 standing up to this power level in something as heavy as an Avalanche? Any plans for a brake upgrade?

Not sure on the engine to be honest, rest of the vehicle is taken care of tho.

With the amount of power the customer is requiring, it'll hold just fine.

The cam is part of the engine purchase, complete long block.

8-rib setup is on and no more slipping, much better!

No brake upgrade, it's not a racer or highspeed, just good torque all around.

Sorry about that- I thought you had added an aftermarket camshaft. I double checked and warranty is 24 months/50000 miles. I would like your driving impression on the 210/230 factory camshaft on a 9:1 engine in something as heavy as an Avalanche.

Quit bogartin the dyno sheets

I would of liked for gm to had come with this engine sooner, they only upgraded the heads for the 6 bolt lsx and the crankshaft for the lsa they left the same connecting rods as in my engine they just changed the description to forged powder metal still same part number.
    is still a better motor n would of bought this at the time if it was available
    allen pm me with a ballpark of a tvs2300 install with a ls9 cam if you can, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by farmtruc View Post
    ya, this engine is the B15, capable of 15psi per GM, which is a bunch of bs, lol. i'm sure 20psi is no problem.
    replace the bolts with studs, it's got the components and block for 30psi.
    i'd take this engine over all the engines i've had built by machine shops; ya bad experiences you could say.
    plus we installed it (master cert) , so there's the 3 year warranty, i know it's gonna be perfect when i install it, oil pressure, quiet, everything just right!
    cam seems very tame, idle is very nice as well.

i'd use this engine with new bolts on anything less than 1500hp, but i bet it could take more. it truely is the best bang for the buck.

i'd like to push it more, but everything after the engine was considered., yikes!

1500hp? You really think so?

Update?

Dyno #'s
    04' RCSB, LQ9, Front mount T76, TU1, Circle D 3K, Built 4L60E, True Trac, 3.42:1, 4-6 Drop

Quote Originally Posted by zane-O View Post
    1500hp? You really think so?
    I don't have any desire to put my truck on a dyno, but I know it's north of 1,000hp easily; and my setup isn't considered pricey or high end parts.

I'm not taking your comment the wrong way, but if gm mags can make over 1000hp with stock production blocks; I have no doubt a 2000hp capable lsx 6 bolt block, good flowing LS7 heads and intake, and forged components will support more.

Quote Originally Posted by tech946 View Post
    Update?

Dyno #'s

ya, it was 580hp and lots of torque.

before anyone says they know of a 4.8L that can make more and these are low numbers, hahah, keep in mind what the truck is used for.
    it was a brand new avalanche, nobody wants to be replacing parts and smelling fumes in a loaded av.
    plus, i think 580 at the tire is doable for all those stock drivetrain parts.

obviously an lsx376 and 3.0L whipple can make some good power if pushed further.

thanks,

Awesome write up.....Thanks !!

Hey awesome build! I have a few questions with it. What water pump are you using? What alternator bracket? And are you using the factory power steering pump?

+ Reply to Thread