+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: in need of a battery

Quote Originally Posted by oleshifty View Post
    i used to swear by my optima...but it froze after truck sat for a week in driveway. This one is only 4 months old. My last one was 4-5 years. Duralast Gold are pretty good batteries. I'm probably going to get a 34-78 (dual side and top post) in the next week or two.

For plugs....ac delco iridiums if you dont want to mess with them for another 100k miles. NGK TR55 if you want to save some money, and don't mind changing them every year or two. (TR55ix is an iridium version of same plug...but for that price, I'd rather run delco)
    You must have had a bad battery. My yellow top sat for 6 weeks total. And cranked like the first day I bought it.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

i put a red top on everything i own.. i dont like ac delco batteries.. we sell exide and interstate where i work, and have replace LOTS of factory gm batteries that were less than 2 years old, already crapped out.. i will never buy one for the life of me, but i did have a neverstart battery that lasted almost 10 years.. my second choice is exide battery..
    Truck: 05 GMC CCSB SLT Z71,
    Go Faster: 5.3, 219/227 .607/.614 112, milled heads, eBay CAI, Circle D 2800, 3030 Built 60E, E-Fans, 3030 Tuned, LT's, Spintech Muffler, DuraGrip w/ 3.73's
    Look Better: 10K HID's lows & fogs, tinted Chevy tails

+ Reply to Thread