+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: New tune, still pings

Never heard of the gas pedal trick before. Last I heard it's disconnect the battery from the PCM for 5 minutes or so. I like to disconnect the PCM rather than lose the presets on the radio and things.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

yeah, ill d/c the PCM. no losing all my stereo settings
    http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...tt/firesig.png
    1998 ECSB Z71
    285's and exhaust.

Or.....just reflash the PCM with Allens file using Hptuners . I used to just disconnect the negative battery cable though, I can reset the presents in just a couple mins.

Chris
    2009 Silverado, HPTuners, all stock.

gas pedal trick is for resetting the change oil light i wouldve changed those plugs wires and FF a while ago itl prob run a lot better now
    1999 GMC Sierra black reg cab short bed SLE Z71 5.3 <--CARDOMAIN PICS
    NELSON 93 hot tune, 02 PCM, VOLANT Ram air intake, MSD wires, ACdelco iridium plugs , Edelbrock ceramic shorty headers, jegs off-road y pipe, Dynamax int pipe, 3" Magnaflow Exhaust with turndown, EGR removal, throttle body bypass, vette servo, long servo pin, performance 4th apply piston, B&M shift kit, SLP 160* thermostat, LS1 Fans, NELSON harness, ported and polished throttle body (did it myself, for free lol)..... _______? cam is next as soon as i stop spending all my money

What kind of plugs do any of y&#39;all recommend? I know most will say the NGK Tr55&#39;s or whatever it is...and should I use factory gap? And should I upgrade to a different kind of wires, or just use OEM? I change the FF every other oil change, but I&#39;ve ran my tank almost completely empty a few times since then. I know its not good for the pump but I was inthe middle of nowhere.
    1998 ECSB Z71
    285&#39;s and exhaust.

MSD and acdeloc iridium plugs thats what i run and they work great
    NELSON 93 hot tune, 02 PCM, VOLANT Ram air intake, MSD wires, ACdelco iridium plugs , Edelbrock ceramic shorty headers, jegs off-road y pipe, Dynamax int pipe, 3" Magnaflow Exhaust with turndown, EGR removal, throttle body bypass, vette servo, long servo pin, performance 4th apply piston, B&M shift kit, SLP 160* thermostat, LS1 Fans, NELSON harness, ported and polished throttle body (did it myself, for free lol)..... _______? cam is next as soon as i stop spending all my money

I run the same plugs and wires. Fuel filters are cheap, I run Purolator and they are like &#036;6. I had some pinging issues with my 99 PCM also, I switched to an 01-02 PCM and havent had any pinging since. I also switched back to a screened MAF. I dont think any pinging is from no cats, I cut mine off also and havent had any problems at all from that.

Chris
    2009 Silverado, HPTuners, all stock.

I re-screened my MAF yesterday and it seemed to help some, not much though. I&#39;ll do the plugs, wires, and a WIX filter (thats all I use). I want a &#39;02 PCM, but don&#39;t want to pay the difference right now. I had a guy that would trade me his factory 02 pcm for my old 93 octane tuned 99 pcm. I dunno how Allen would like that, so I was gunna sell him the tune and just give Allen the money to tune the 02. Anyhow, thats beside the point.
    How much do those plugs and wires usually run ya, and where?
    1998 ECSB Z71
    285&#39;s and exhaust.

plugs are like 60 bucks and the wires are about 70 but you get what you pay for thats what i always say

Originally posted by metalmulisha777@Aug 31 2005, 12:59 PM
    plugs are like 60 bucks and the wires are about 70 but you get what you pay for thats what i always say
    DAMN&#33; I can&#39;t believe those little short ass wires cost that much&#33;

2002 ECSB, Nelson Tune, LS1 electric fans, 145A alternator, K&N FIPK, 160º T-stat, TB coolant bypass, Corvette servo, 4 headlight mod, blue LED gauge cluster

+ Reply to Thread