+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 4l80e vs 4l65e

Quote Originally Posted by Botlfed View Post
    You hafta change cross member good thing about yours is you can cut the center out and just turn it around backwards and weld it back up, and you dont have you ds shortened buy the 1350 80e yoke its shorter so itll work, I did this on my 05 and used an 02 crossmember and everything turned out right.
    But you're still having to cut off the yolk and weld the new one back on, right? Why not just shorten it at that same time? Does it matter?

No its pressed on pressed off. Machine shop charged me 5 bucks.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.

A 60E or 65E CAN be a good transmission IF built right, but finding a builder is the problem. I have a 60E in my 9 sec Camaro and in my 12 sec nitrous truck...all has been good with my build. I will agree the 80e is a better trans but they do have their fair share of problems as well. It depends on how hard you will be on it and your end goals and if you trust a local builder.

As far as your 4.3L 60E I bet its near the end of its life if its a stock unit and hasn't been build. If you can get a good working 65E that will be a great start , them come with 5 pinion planets from the start and hardened output/input depending on years...

If you stick with the 60E I can send you a build list if you need and post up more info on the entire setup if you will

+ Reply to Thread