+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Some weight reduction on my truck...

and i thought this only happened in houston lol!

feel for ya bud!
    Simple: 408 on steroids!
    single digits coming soon!

That sucks bud, someone stole my tailgate and bed covers off the avy, covers were locked and so was the tailgate. Salvage yards don't take just the tailgate in Oklahoma anymore because of that reason, they would buy one, cops would take it because it was stolen. I know because I Called close to 25 yards when I was still there.
    Called the dealership for a laugh to see how much a new tailgate was and they quoted a grand without paint. Just the tailgate.

Yeah, people are stealing the 08-10 ford F250-350 tailgates right off the dealerships here. They go for around a grand too. Kinda funny, cause i hate dealerships anyway. Karma could you say i guess.

Wonder why a tailgate on those newer trucks? I honestly don't know why tailgates get robbed so much off any type og truck. Ppl replacing messed up tailgates??

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Blu View Post
    Wonder why a tailgate on those newer trucks? I honestly don't know why tailgates get robbed so much off any type og truck. Ppl replacing messed up tailgates??
    People will steal anything that isn't nailed down. Whether there's a demand for it or not.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

And it never fails, thieves get caught, get a slap on the wrist and within a couple days back out stealing again. Well until they get caught by the wrong guy, and then they get a lil scrap metal in their ass and a ride in a Cadillac hearse.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Blu View Post
    They steal them cause it takes two seconds to, and they fit 99 and up super dutys. And when those tailgates go for a grand at the dealer, so you can get $500 for one you paid nothing for. Quick easy money, and some people have no morals and don't care. Sad.

Body shop quoted me at $1200. Lucky for me I have good insurrance and my deductible is just $250. Still some bs paying for something I didn't want to...
    Last edited by kerrige; 02-10-2013 at 11:44 PM.
    ECSB 2kSierra 2wd 4.8L-K&N-HPtuners-Calspeed LT's-Magnaflow-Tahoe20's-HankookRH06

waiting to go in... 3.90s, 214/220cam

+ Reply to Thread