+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Any Dyno Tuners around Oklahoma???

Abel is a great shop. They've tuned a couple of our LS cars and done a very good job. Two procharger vehicles and one with huge injectors on e85. The truck idles and runs great.

To each their own. If someone in OK touched mine, it would be DG.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

ed wright is the nozzle of a douche bottle, like i said none that i'd recommend. Ive heard more bad than good about abel. But really someone needs to move up here and open a credible shop. I'd do it but i dont know how to tune
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.

So what makes someone credible in yalls eyes? Do they have to have their own forum? Spend thousands of dollars a year on different forums advertising? What exactly makes them credible?

I'd put any of those 3 I listed up against any shop in the country. Call them and speak with them at length about what you would like to do and then decide. There's no reason send your money out of state.

I've heard for several years that I need to call a "credible" shop to tune my truck instead of having D&G Dyno do it. Fact of the matter is, I've yet to be beat by another truck comparible to mine tuned by one of those "credible" shops.

Also, I've personally tuned a couple trucks that made more power on the same Dyno on the same day than a truck with a mail order tune from one of those "credible" shops.

I'm not trying to bad mouth any of these other shops because they are obviously successful. Nelson, blackbear, Wheatley, all great tuners. But there are also very good tuners here in the state if you're willing to turn down the cool aid being handed on this site and others

Quote Originally Posted by phantom405 View Post
    So what makes someone credible in yalls eyes? Do they have to have their own forum? Spend thousands of dollars a year on different forums advertising? What exactly makes them credible?

I'd put any of those 3 I listed up against any shop in the country. Call them and speak with them at length about what you would like to do and then decide. There's no reason send your money out of state.

I've heard for several years that I need to call a "credible" shop to tune my truck instead of having D&G Dyno do it. Fact of the matter is, I've yet to be beat by another truck comparible to mine tuned by one of those "credible" shops.

Also, I've personally tuned a couple trucks that made more power on the same Dyno on the same day than a truck with a mail order tune from one of those "credible" shops.

I'm not trying to bad mouth any of these other shops because they are obviously successful. Nelson, blackbear, Wheatley, all great tuners. But there are also very good tuners here in the state if you're willing to turn down the cool aid being handed on this site and others
    Ive said i'd like to have it tuned in this state just because its closer and i can get a live tune, i have HPT but i still got alot to learn. Some of the best shops in the country dont have websites or a forum, you dont have to have that to be credible, besides from you ive always heard more bad than good about Okie tuners. I know my truck would run 10x better if i was able to get a live tune, but id rather drive to san antonio than to end up paying someone up here that i dont know or know anything about them. Hell ill call abel and ask or d&g. One reason is having a good repor with nelson, ive asked him plenty of dumb questions and he breaks it down stupid style for me
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.

I don't mean this a slam to Nelson in any way shape or form, everyone knows hes crankin out fast trucks left and right, but your truck does not run good lol. I don't mean that as a slam to you either, but your truck should never pop an bang going down the track, especially if you paid some one to tune it for you.

You only hear the bad about these local guys because that's all the big forums with let people post about. If you post something good about a local shop that's not a sponsor, they lock the tread, delete it or whatever.

I'm not trying to talk anyone out of going with Nelson or blackbear or Wheatley or anybody else, but I am encouraging you to call these local guys and see what they have to offer

I have nothing against D&G and haven't heard of APS. I've just seen 1-2 things come from Abel that I wasn't impressed with at all, and neither were the owners. Just my opinion. Everyone has one.

You could do it like I did. Casey got mine 98% dialed in by e-mail, then it went to a shop and finished the last 2% on the dyno (Only reason it went to a shop was to fix a DBW issue I was pulling my hair out over). Hard to screw up PE fueling and timing.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

I can agree with that

Most people that I see unhappy with a shop that does tuning for a living is actually their(the vehicle owner) own fault. As in, poor maintenance upkeep, bag plugs, plug wires, bad o2's, bad knock sensors, etc etc, and they either don't have the money or are too cheap to correct the issues...a tuner can only do so much with a laptop(or screw drivers in my case lol)

Quote Originally Posted by phantom405 View Post
    I can agree with that

Most people that I see unhappy with a shop that does tuning for a living is actually their(the vehicle owner) own fault. As in, poor maintenance upkeep, bag plugs, plug wires, bad o2's, bad knock sensors, etc etc, and they either don't have the money or are too cheap to correct the issues...a tuner can only do so much with a laptop(or screw drivers in my case lol)
    And I can agree with that haha. To each their own. That's what this is all about. If we all did the same thing this wouldn't be any fun.

+ Reply to Thread