+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: best "handheld" tuner?

I got 26 outta my truck dead nuts stock on the highway. And the 4.3 isnt exactly efficient. So I'd believe a well tuned 5.3 could match it if not a bit better.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    I got 26 outta my truck dead nuts stock on the highway. And the 4.3 isnt exactly efficient. So I'd believe a well tuned 5.3 could match it if not a bit better.
    26 kilometers to the gallon sounds about right

Quote Originally Posted by PitchBlackC3 View Post
    26 kilometers to the gallon sounds about right
    I was tucked right up behind a truck the whole way Average 19-20 in the summer 16-17 in the winter.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by dustinstangz View Post
    ... They are outta dent Texas..
    Denton Texas, they're right down the street from me, maybe two miles away and the first mile is just getting out of my housing addition.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Youll spend more money on a handheld programer and get less results. None of those are worth the money. Contact nelson performance and get a real tune. Hand held tuners are JUNK! No matter what brand they are all junk. The only way Id reccomend using a hand held tuner is like stated before having nelson send you one with a custom tune on it other wise dont waste your money on any hand held tuner!!!

lol 27mpg...

i dont think i have even heard of any V8's getting over 22mpg... not even the new hybrid trucks... i want a tune where i can get over 25mpg and still smoke people haha

When I drove my buddies cammed/stalled 6.0 rcsb I got 25-28
    1983 Ford Ranger- 2.3 to 205k mile 6.0 swap

Quote Originally Posted by danger_ranger83 View Post
    When I drove my buddies cammed/stalled 6.0 rcsb I got 25-28
    I would have to see that to belive that.... exspecially with a stall and a cam...

Quote Originally Posted by michaelweston1@yahoo.com View Post
    i dont think i have even heard of any V8's getting over 22mpg... not even the new hybrid trucks... i want a tune where i can get over 25mpg and still smoke people haha
    I was getting anywhere from 21-24mpg in my ecsb with a 5.3 that was just intake, exhaust and tune. Just because you have never gotten that doesn't mean it isn't true.

I agree with statements above, get a custom tune from someone who knows what they are doing. You will pay virtually the same amount and be much happier.
    T-RAV
    99 GMC | 5.3 | Skinny White Guy Tuned

+ Reply to Thread