+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: front door speaker questions

thanks for the link nice truck btw

my rear seat folds up fine without any rubbing or pressure on the amps.
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

I'm a little late to the party and off back to the topic of crossover placement, but here goes. I know I may get some flack for this but I always put mine inside the door with a piece of 3m emblem tape on each edge that will touch the door(most crossovers are flat and most doors are curved), just make sure you don't have leaky doors. It's how I was taught and it's how I continue to do it. Installation is simple, and they are hidden.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

Quote Originally Posted by lo-lyf View Post
    I'm a little late to the party and off back to the topic of crossover placement, but here goes. I know I may get some flack for this but I always put mine inside the door with a piece of 3m emblem tape on each edge that will touch the door(most crossovers are flat and most doors are curved), just make sure you don't have leaky doors. It's how I was taught and it's how I continue to do it. Installation is simple, and they are hidden.
    I've done it there as well. You wont catch any flack from me for that. I did it on my 69 because I that was the only place to hide them.

1969 Chevy RCLB C10 350/TH400 SOLD
    2007 Chevy RCSB 4.8 4x4 LS SOLD
    2008 Chevy RCSB 5.3 4x4 LT SOLD
    2010 Chevy CCSB 6.2 4x4 LT SOLD
    2005 GMC CCLB DRW 6.6 Duramax 4x4 191,000 and counting
    2013 FORD CCSB F350 6.7 Powerstroke 4x4

Well as long as im not the only one. I do know that ive had mine in my doors for a year and some change, just had the panel of last week and they are nice and stuck and moisture free. Also, i pulled a customer's out after 3 years and had no rust.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

looks like i may have to do this cause no suitable place to mount anywhere else. maybe i will figure someting out soon

i hear mixed stories of no issues and issues of doing this. some poeple say put them in a towel some people say use ziplog bags. and others have said just mount the things in the door some where.
    ill look around an see what i can do in the door that whould be a good mount. if not i thought about mounting them under the back seati an running xtra wire but really dont wanna do that to much of a headache.

are you gonna put a 4 channel amp for the speakers? if so your gonna have to rewire it so it wouldnt be to bad.
    1982 c10 lsx swaped, NP tuned, true duals, 4:11s, trutrac, e-fans, CAI

naw im putting a two channel amp to the front door speakers decided to go wit ha two channel for them. ditching the back speakers in the rear doors installing a jl audio xd200/2. ill post pics of the amp tonight when i get off of work.
    ive got to pick up some good strong 3m double sided tape for my crossovers. and ive got to take a dremmel and cut out a space in the door for the tweeters. the ones i have are too big for the stock location.
    Last edited by CD82; 03-03-2011 at 07:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PitchBlackC3 View Post
    I did the same thing using a piece of MDF and velcro behind the seat. I did the seat mod, so I can fold it down to access the amps though.

I have my crossovers for the fronts mounted inside the center console. If you have the full center console there is a lot of room under the front part.
    Where is the room in the console? I looked under the cup holder part and there is a huge Bose amp. that goes almost all the way to the back. In front of the amp. all the way to the very front is some kind of enclosure for a Bose speaker, I asume it is a sub it has 2 2wire conections on it 1 on each side. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Quote Originally Posted by mrfister View Post
    Where is the room in the console? I looked under the cup holder part and there is a huge Bose amp. that goes almost all the way to the back. In front of the amp. all the way to the very front is some kind of enclosure for a Bose speaker, I asume it is a sub it has 2 2wire conections on it 1 on each side. Am I looking in the wrong place?
    Ah, yeah mine is different. 2001 didn't have BOSE and mine has a Denali console which is slightly different.

+ Reply to Thread