+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Most boring class you've ever taken?

Quote Originally Posted by bartjo06 View Post
    Colleges/Universities don't make you take classes like that to piss you off contrary to popular belief. They make you take them to be a more well rounded person after you graduate. If half the people understood that and went into the class with an open mind, the students would be a lot more knowledgeable in all aspects of their education IMO. Plus, they should be GPA boosters, if they're anything like the college I went to, they're all a "gimmie".
    "Education is taking an empty mind, and opening it" Not sure where I read that quote, but I like it.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    "Education is taking an empty mind, and opening it" Not sure where I read that quote, but I like it.
    2001 GMC Sierra SL ECSB - Project
    2012 Honda Civic Si - DD
    2009 GMC Sierra SLT ECSB - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
    If the mind is empty, you would be filling it. If it was closed, then you would be opening it. You must not have gotten enough education.
    GET OUT OF HERE WITH THAT RICER MATH!

Quote Originally Posted by pl4yboy View Post
    If you aren't living on the edge, you're taking up too much space.

astronomy...the guy was monitone and basically whispered into the mike. he put 80% of the class to sleep in the first 45 minutes.

old mod list: H/C/I/N/E/G 408
    new mod list: 5.3, gears/posi, mufler and tune : (

Quote Originally Posted by bartjo06 View Post
    Colleges/Universities don't make you take classes like that to piss you off contrary to popular belief. They make you take them to be a more well rounded person after you graduate. If half the people understood that and went into the class with an open mind, the students would be a lot more knowledgeable in all aspects of their education IMO. Plus, they should be GPA boosters, if they're anything like the college I went to, they're all a "gimmie".
    yeah, gimmie more money for this useless class

old mod list: H/C/I/N/E/G 408
    new mod list: 5.3, gears/posi, mufler and tune : (

soils and range management...a whole semester of looking at talking about nothing else but dirt just dirt took the class on tues and thurs so it was an hour 15mins everytime they guy held us the full length most boring two days of my life and the lab was on friday from 12-5 where i got to open jars and feel the dirt
    2006 Chevy ECSB 5.3 - New L33 Motor,CAI, Descreened MAF, Nelson 93 tune, Transgo Shift Kit, servos, 3in exhaust, Borla, pacetter LT's, and ORY, Aeroforce Furture: stall, cam, 4.10's

Quote Originally Posted by Ran06chevy View Post
    soils and range management...a whole semester of looking at talking about nothing else but dirt just dirt took the class on tues and thurs so it was an hour 15mins everytime they guy held us the full length most boring two days of my life and the lab was on friday from 12-5 where i got to open jars and feel the dirt
    LMAO, that class would really bore the hell out of me as one of my main jobs is soils inspection and construction, Im already NICET Level III certified in soils, I dont need to be quizzed on soils PIs, liquid limits, gradation, lime pointd, wet ball and triaxles. I actually cant wait until I get to some of my more degree specific classes, those are going to be the easiest for me.

What makes classes so hard for me is I take them once a week so Im in there for almsot 3 hours at a time and the numbing factor that accompanies that is rediculous.
    Last edited by 1slow01z71; 12-03-2010 at 04:53 PM.
    2007 CCSB Z71 VortecMax: Stock!

our psych class is fairly fun...mainly cause our professor is one of those just interesting people. I would have to say the most boring class Ive had so far is Intro to Restoration...although I hear trim class is worse...same teacher
    Always buying things I dont need to impress people I dont know

I attended dozens of schools in Europe and the US, and from my experience any subject can be made interesting. If the education system was "perfect", there would be no boring classes.

+ Reply to Thread