+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Turbo 4.8L questions

The best way to setup a PCV system for boost is to swap in an LS6 valley plate. Once done, all you have to do is tie the valley plate into the intake manifold with an inline check valve and put filters on the valve cover ports. If your engine is not in the car this would be the best route. If the engine is in the car, you can use switch valves triggered by a pressure switch to vent the crankcase to atmo during boost. I'll have to draw up a diagram for it so if you'd like to see it, let me know cuz I don't have one drawn up. Oh, and here's the LS6 valley plate info

http://www.ls1howto.com/index.php?article=18

~ Forged engine of some type ~ Ball bearing turbo of an unconfirmed size ~ 4L8000 trans ~ Beefy fuel system ~

I'll go ahead and do the LS6 valley plate since the motor is still out the car, since thats the best way. Any opinions on a MPT70, P trim, .68 A/R? Said to be good for 700hp so that sounds right up my alley. Once again, I greatly appreciate the help!
    1998 Z71

1992 LS1 IROC-Z

I'm not too familiar with MP turbos but there is a guy on here that knows everthing about them. I think "KBracing" is his screen name and I believe he is a MP turbo dealer. A .68 A/R sounds good for a 4.8L tho. As for the LS6 valley plate, make damn sure you use an inline check valve between the valley plate and the manifold. It will prevent boost pressure from pressurizing the crankcase which is VERY bad with a turbo setup.

~ Forged engine of some type ~ Ball bearing turbo of an unconfirmed size ~ 4L8000 trans ~ Beefy fuel system ~

As far as check valves is there any better than others? I found the info on that turbo that I was needing and it made around the power I am looking for at a certian amount of boost so I think I'm going to try it out.
    1998 Z71

1992 LS1 IROC-Z

When it comes to little parts like check valves, I always get a migraine trying to find what I'm looking for. That said, there aren't any "good" check valves that I know of. I just use whatever I can find that will suffice. The only place I know of off the top of my head that sells check valves for PCV systems is STS. Be careful tho, STS has some TERRIBLE customer service.

A MP T70 with .68 a/r would be right on the money with a boosted 4.8 and LS6 cam
    01 ECSB 1/2 ton 4x4 6L GMC
    11.03@127
    KB Racing Borg Warner S475 turbocharged
    http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y57/Kbracing96/kbracing96copy-1.jpg

NO pcv on a boosted motor!!!!!!!!!!!!! save yourself time and money and just vent each side of motor with -10 to a breather tank and be done with this. if this appilication works for 1500+ setups it will work for your 500 hp setup
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

Quote Originally Posted by kbracing96 View Post
    A MP T70 with .68 a/r would be right on the money with a boosted 4.8 and LS6 cam
    Awesome, just what I needed to know!
    1998 Z71

1992 LS1 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    NO pcv on a boosted motor!!!!!!!!!!!!! save yourself time and money and just vent each side of motor with -10 to a breather tank and be done with this. if this appilication works for 1500+ setups it will work for your 500 hp setup
    Yeah after figuring a few things out thats what I came up with doing to make it simple and easy without headache. Impressive setup you have on your truck also! I bet that thing flys from a good roll!
    1998 Z71

1992 LS1 IROC-Z

Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    just checking but i only have one breather filter vented to atmoshpere on the oil cap side,is there soppose to be another one on the other side?
    06 silverado crew cab 4.8L
    STS Kit W/turbonetics BB 60-1 .81AR T4 and intercooler 10psi
    Nelson custom tune
    built 4L60E-hopefully it lasts
    2500 stall-Hughes converters
    42LB injectors
    3.5 Magnaflow exhuast
    6inch lift on 35x12.50s

+ Reply to Thread