+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: RANT... Blown subs

So much stuff I don't know about electronics. Oddly enough, that was my second highest score on my ASVAB. Guess I need to go talk to one of the audio shops around here.
    I think these ( http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PU...-SW3001S2%7CS4 )are the subs that I'm gonna go with. Unless someone can suggest better ones from arund $220 a piece.
    Last edited by AFSP1211; 08-16-2010 at 01:57 AM.

Agreed, probably the best sounding shallow I have heard.

However, I installed a single JL Audio W1 ported with a TMA 300.1 in a regular cab and it was one of the loudest non-bed-cut trucks I have heard. He could still switch between the center console or seat back. I think the seat only had to go up a couple inches.
    2005 black Yukon XL SLT - traded in for me wife's new Fusion (GM sucks these days)
    2002 black Yukon SLT (the skinny sister)
    1969 green Pontiac GTO (Layla, AKA the black sheep)

INSTALLS AND MORE.. http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...-low-life.html
    Sticky/broken gauges? I can help. PM me for details.

Good luck getting that TW5 for 220, but you only need one so spend the 440 you were going to spend on two subs and will still sound good.
    --2013 CC Z71, Edelbrock charged, cam, long tubes, 4.5" Zone, 285/70/18 KM2s on Gear Big Block, Kenwood system, LineX, Retrax, Katskinz, NFab.
    --2012 Dmax CC Z71, Cognito UCAs, braces, Fox 2.0, LineX, Nfab, Retrax, Ranch Hand Front/Back, Custom Katskinz, Black Gear 18x9 wrapped in 285/70/18 Toyo MT.

I was looking at the TW5's, but 2 of them would be way out of my price range. I'm not looking for something that's crazy loud, the 2 premiers that I had were plenty lound for my liking. If I had a bigger budget and wanted to make myself go deaf I'd get the JL's, but that would also mean I'd have to modify my box or get a different one. The premiers were going on 4 years old so I'm just looking at it as if it was their time to go.
    I like the setup in my truck. Both the amps are in the center console and the subs are behind the seat. I think I need a capacitor though because my headlights pulse with the base if I have the voulme up.

check out RE audio sl series!

Quote Originally Posted by 99turbogmc View Post
    I was looking at the TW5's, but 2 of them would be way out of my price range. I'm not looking for something that's crazy loud, the 2 premiers that I had were plenty lound for my liking. If I had a bigger budget and wanted to make myself go deaf I'd get the JL's, but that would also mean I'd have to modify my box or get a different one. The premiers were going on 4 years old so I'm just looking at it as if it was their time to go.
    I like the setup in my truck. Both the amps are in the center console and the subs are behind the seat. I think I need a capacitor though because my headlights pulse with the base if I have the voulme up.
    Add some extra ground cables and upgrade the stock alt-to-battery cable. It comes 10 gauge stock, most go with 4-0 gauge. And if your happy with those subs then just get some new ones and I can send you the settings at which is the best for your subs so this is minimized.
    RUN WAT U BRUNG!!!!

big three and bigger alt next time yours goes bad...
    Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight:
    Psalms 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

JL has some bomb shallow mounts if you want to spend the cash

Quote Originally Posted by americanracing20 View Post
    JL has some bomb shallow mounts if you want to spend the cash
    I ended up getting the Pioneer 3001S4's. They sound excellent for being shallows. I'm still tweakin the settings on the head unit though. I'm extremely happy with them.

+ Reply to Thread