+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Massive lose of power in Memphis...

i had a 01 rcsb 5.3 with a cam,lt headers,no cats,3 inch exhaust,diablo programmer..i sold it a year ago but anyways after i put the cam in it,it threw po300 code but it ran good..i done some research and the reason it threw the po300 code was because the ckp sensor detects a varation at a idle caused by the cam making computer think it had a misfire..but like i said mine ran good..i would try a tune

I'll have to check it all out once I get home I guess. Will have to make an appointment to have it tuned. On the upside it's run better since my last post and the check engine light hasn't come back on but if i check it still shows the misfire and won't idle unless I turn in the screw connected to the cruise on the throttle body.

well whatever it is I hope it's no worse then mine. I just dropped a pretty coin on this truck, you'd hope all is well but we'll see

SERIOUSLY?! Just get the damn thing tuned. BY A PROFESSIONAL (have to throw that in, because clearly, you're an idiot)
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by sleeper1500 View Post
    SERIOUSLY?! Just get the damn thing tuned. BY A PROFESSIONAL (have to throw that in, because clearly, you're an idiot)
    Jeeze man tell us how you feel about him.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

Not him personally just his thought process, "Hmmm OK let's make a change to the biggest factor in an engine's operation, on a computer controlled engine. Gee I wonder why it's not running right? No the fact that the PCM is still setup as GM set it up has nothing to do with it, can't be it."

Now yes I realize that's a baby cam and the tune won't be that far out, but it is out.
    2006 Silverado
    Little Black Bitch

The pcm biases the input from different sensors to tune be when its in open and closed loop. I'd guess that once it goes into closed loop whatever the computer is doing is less compatible with the change in input from its sensors resulting from the cam. Also bigger cam usually means the engine eats more fuel, closed loop is leaner than open loop. You're probably running lean as well. That's just me guess.

Get it custom tuned as has been said before. I went with Justin at BlackBear Preformance, he did a good job.

Quote Originally Posted by 2500Ak View Post
    The pcm biases the input from different sensors to tune be when its in open and closed loop. I'd guess that once it goes into closed loop whatever the computer is doing is less compatible with the change in input from its sensors resulting from the cam. Also bigger cam usually means the engine eats more fuel, closed loop is leaner than open loop. You're probably running lean as well. That's just me guess.

Get it custom tuned as has been said before. I went with Justin at BlackBear Preformance, he did a good job.

Yea I understand this but I mean wouldn't it still be in open loop at night when the engine is at operating temp? This idiot says the canadian can go play lipfrog with a fukn unicorn. I've installed this same or similar cam in the same trucks before with no problen on stock tune, throw in workin fine during the day and not at night is kinda weird. But anyways Thanks for all the input. I took my throttle body off in the parking lot earlier and cleaned it then run that idle relearn procedure and it actually idles on it's own again so far today, but i mean it idle'd fine for the first few days and then I had to start crankin the adjustment. All is well I guess until I'm on the side of the road.

i mean closed loop...

I would seriously get a tune...when I put my cam in it threw the same codes till I went and got it tuned the next day but I had that already set up to tune it and babied it home till I got it tuned....
    You will never see the true power you can get unless you get it tuned...in my mind its throwing money away if you install a cam and dont get a tune.
    06 silverado CC Volant CAI/ Corsa Sport exhaust
    dynatech supermaxx headers/cats
    LPE GT2-3 cam/ Comp 918's/ Rods
    Eaton LSD 3.73's
    IAT Shocks
    DANNY TRANNY w/2800 TCS billet verter
    275HP and 293TQ Pre Cam
    314HP and 303TQ post cam

+ Reply to Thread