+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Anybody getting some

Originally posted by farmtruc@Jun 12 2003, 04:34 PM
    badass, i'd like to give nos someday,

are you installing the remote bottle opener also? the bed may be a good choice if so, if not, i'd say under the seat
    think about your nitrous bottle laying there in the bed in the 100+ degree texas heat . i saw one in the florida heat(~90) on a sunny day and the bottle temp was about 1150...but the kid had money to blow (no pun intended) so i guess he really didnt care about those 3 nitrous bottles in the bed. i thought about making a box to cover it in the bed.
    i met a guy at the tracker with a 6cyl ranger, he put the bottle in the spare tire mounts under the bed...smart til someone rearends you

any other optoins? no room behind the seats or under them....thinking between them, but im gonna make a custom console later so thats a maybe

Brandon
    Hugger Orange 99 SS Hardtop #756
    485rwhp/440rwtq SAE

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j301/slmdls1/Signatures/hugger-prostar-sig.jpg

Inside the cab under the back seat. Better in the winter and summer I would think. Ind the bed under a black cover it get real hot good for pressure,but what if you haul something. I will build a cover it I put it in the bed. Going to try and see.
    1999 Silverado 1500 Ext. cab Red 2/4 hotchkis drop & swaybars, bilstein stocks, AR626 & 404 Nitto's, Yank converter, ASM headers, ASP underdrive pulley, Taylor wires , free mods VCN 2000, Nelson Performance tuning

2002 Red WS6 M6; Flow master K&N

make sure you get that blow off valve or whatever it's called.

It might make it fun to ride around with the windows up.
    1999 Silverado 1500 Ext. cab Red 2/4 hotchkis drop & swaybars, bilstein stocks, AR626 & 404 Nitto's, Yank converter, ASM headers, ASP underdrive pulley, Taylor wires , free mods VCN 2000, Nelson Performance tuning

2002 Red WS6 M6; Flow master K&N

Originally posted by farmtruc@Jun 13 2003, 09:53 AM
    make sure you get that blow off valve or whatever it's called.
    blow down tube
    485rwhp/440rwtq SAE

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j301/slmdls1/Signatures/hugger-prostar-sig.jpg

With the new 6.0, I'm thinking a 2 stage setup. I allready have the single stage, but may add to it. Right now I may go with a 50 shot @ 2500rpm and kick in the second (125shot) @3200 and shut off at 6400. I'm still unsure where I'll run the window. It depends on where the powerband is after the swap. I'll be looking at the dyno numbers carefully when I do this. It also depends on how fast I can get this thing to spin. I'm hopeing 6600rpm. I may even go with a progressive controller. I do know that I have everything ready for a 150 single stage shot if I don't want to go through all that trouble. As for not spraying below 3k, I disagree. If you are not hitting hard, 2700 should be no problem. What I don't like is hitting out of the hole and using a manual button. I know a guy who hit 150 out of the hole and guess what....his #7 piston DISAPPEARED....literally. All that was left was the rod.

Well I have two turbos sitting on my floor waiting for some custom headers but I'm waiting on Allen to get a mandrel bender so we can make some kits for the trucks.
    Red 94 GMC Sonoma
    Red 94 Jeep Wrangler
    Red 02 RCSB Silverado
    Red 03 Ford Cobra
    Red 04 CC Silverado
    Red 05 Yamaha Raptor

I really like red

Originally posted by redaddiction@Jun 14 2003, 01:01 PM
    Well I have two turbos sitting on my floor waiting for some custom headers but I'm waiting on Allen to get a mandrel bender so we can make some kits for the trucks.
    what kind of turbos? how much you get em for? and whats the price of puttin a kit like that together cplete?

Brandon
    485rwhp/440rwtq SAE

i wasn't being funny, lol, i meant to say blow down tube, i forgot what it was called.,

later,

allen

I run a 150 shot on my 98 ls1, no problems, even with 335 rears I can only spray late in 2nd gear, or it lights them up

+ Reply to Thread