+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: What sockets does everyone use or prefer? My new SK's...

belief it or not a company called wright tools is who makes damn near all tools for all the tool trucks as well as everything that you buy at Home Depot or Lowes...
    I am gonna be a new Daddy...

Drive it like you live hard and fast....
    '91 rcsb, 4.3 V6, 700R4 trans swap, 4/6 drop rolling on 18's, roll pan, 2" cowl hood, electric fan, TBI injector spacer, K&N filter replacement, flowmaster muffler...

[Today 08:09 AM] ChevyLee: dale would make a awesome dad in law too

I say craftsman they arent the greatest sockets but they get the job done. Ive probly broken about 7 - 10 of there sockets and i took them back to sears with no recipe or case and they replaced the broken one immediatltly no questions asked

Ive even found some broken 1/2 inch craftman sockets before and took them to sears and they replaced them also...lol felt cheap but hey tools are exspensive

Brandon
    04 Silverado RCSB
    02 LS1 Shortblock(Stock)
    LS6 CAM - 204/219 .551/.548 117.5
    243 Heads w/ Light Weight Valves
    Exhast- LT Pacesetters w/ory, 3" Straight pipe
    Suspension- DJM 4/6, Doetsch Shocks, Caltracs
    Need a ported DBW TB > http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/sale-...ale-trade.html

My pops uses craftsmen but he got me some cheap set to have in my truck. I like snap ons though
    1951 3100
    1984 C10

If a Craftsman tool has a lifetime warranty I'll buy it. Their other stuff I haven't been real impressed with. If it doesn't have a warranty, I'll probably look somewhere else in the future.

2006 GTO M6 Brazen Orange
    2006 Silverado CCSB Duramax

See I look at it like this. The tools you buy at sears, home depot, lowes, napa, or any place that offers a lifetime warranty are perfect for the average do it your selfer/ weekend worrier are great. At home my dad has a full set of craftsmen and they are great for doing stuff at home. but when you start using them everyday you want a tool that feels better to use. I work at a caterpillar dealership and i use my tools everyday and I feel that snap on, maco, mac just have a better feel to them. Yes they do cost a lot more but when you use them everyday its worth the extra money. Thats all I will use and I will have a full set of snap on at home soon to. And the boxes are the same way and they offer a lifetime warranty.
    Step 1. crus at it.
    Step 2. get a hammer.
    Step 3. torch it.

I use Snap-On. Like some of the others I use my tools every day and there is a difference. I personally won't buy anything else.
    Chris S The GoFastPadre 00 Sierra ECSB Z71 Mods so far Headers Dual HFC's Flowmasters K&N CAI and much more to come. 06 Grand Prix no mods yet

DBYRD Guest
    i have the paintbrush handled craftsman setup. i cant see how much more comfortable u would need a tool...

whatever they have at the Auto Hobby Shop on base. i've always liked Matco though.

we use a mix of mostly craftsmen, snap-on and some stuff from the freight that you dont need every day.
    Name: Mark,
    God created turbo lag so nitrous trucks could have a chance.

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post274877

Iwata & Sata - Well thats my tools. My Paint Guns.
    DANIEL CAMMED SS 13.46 @ 98.17-- 8.58 @ 80.31

2003 Silverado SS / LQ9 6.0L / Wheatley 93 Octane Tune / 224/228 .581 .588 110lsa / Patriot Gold Dual Springs / Comp Hardened Push Rods / Circle D 3800 stall / Pacesetter LT's / 4:10 Gears / Transgo HD-2 Shift Kit / K & N Cold Air Intake / Corvette Servo / Aeroforce Interceptor / Autometer Narrorband(Wideband on the way) / Mobile 1 Synthetic / Single Chamber Flows with X Pipe / Cats Delete with Cutouts

+ Reply to Thread