+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hooked on LS1

You bought that and you have a TBSS? TBSS is a better platform than a truck to make fast IMO

Either way, nice rides and welcome!
    Gone, but not forgotten!

Finally got a picture loaded.

I'll try to answer all the Q's.

I am looking into the 6.0 swap, thanks for the multiple offers to assist where needed. The Trans will definately be changed. I have a TKO in my 93 and I really like it. I am waiting to see how TURBOMIC's swap works out before I commit.

As far as tricking out the 08 TBSS (2WD of Course). My wife has had a ford parked at our house since we've been married. I finally got her to sell the P.O.S. and pick a Chevy SUV, She chose the Trailblazer, we comprimised on the SS. It's pretty bad that it's the fastes/best performer out all the whole stable.

I've already been told that a Nelson tune, intake, & Exhaust would really make it come alive

2005 RCSB
    4.8 / T76 Front Mount, Cooled, H20 Meth, Nelson Tune
    4L80E w/ Neslon Harness, 3500 stall, 4" Aluminum Shaft, Tru-Trac
    Cal-Tracs

It seems as if this is becoming an on-going trend--a few of our members are getting their wives the TBSS. Its a good mix--the wifey gets her SUV, and the husband gets the SS.
    So, you and MIC are friends? You need to get him on the ball about getting his swap done. Since both of you guys already have the LSX/manual setup, the swap shouldn't be that tough of a project. I am sure that TKO will be a great tranny for ya...
    Yes, a new CAI will work great for the TBSS. They have a funky Venturi system on the intake tube that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, and it also cleans up the engine bay by putting in a CAI. Stainless Works makes a great set of Long Tube headers and Y-pipe for the TBSS. You can pick up a set on Ebay for around $800. My friend just put a set on his TBSS and his woke it up nicely and provides a nice little rumble. A custom tune is phenomenal too--I am not totally positive if Nelson does a tune for a TBSS, but ADM Performance is a great DFW tuner for TBSS's.

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

Brothers, it will be soon, motor is complete... 6L and tko will go in next week. Im going to do a good write up on the tko swap. truck should be at Allens for tuning first of next month if all goes well
    Last edited by TurboMic; 03-19-2008 at 09:33 AM.
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

Good to hear. I have been waiting for you to get that damn thing done! If you weren't so effin far down in Bandera, I'd say I would come down to help with the swap...

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

I hear you, help would be nice...
    single digit street truck

for build info

http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...cs-garage.html

The best advice I have ever heard:... Only take B( . Y . )ST advice from someone that is CURRENTLY running a turbo setup close to, or bigger than what you want......

Welcome to the Site!!!!!!

Her name is A Meli-
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."- MA

It never a bad thing following up Mic on a project. He works out all of the lessons learned. This guy has an amazing grasp on mechanics. YOU SHOULD RIDE WITH HIM!

Thanks Mellissa,
    I talked to you on the phone the other day. Now that I finally have the truck, I have all of the required info to enter on your website order form to get an initial tune. I need a little more umpfff until I swap. Have the folks sent you the vette yet?

I figured someone would have already caught the "1980 younger brother" on my signature block w/ the mathing font...

Have a good one, catch up w/ you all tomorrow.

2005 RCSB
    Cal-Tracs

So is the younger brother Mic?
    2006 Superior Blue Trailblazer SS AWD, Stock as a rock

Sold: 2002 GMC Sportside Denali front end with a 2002 LS1, FLT level 5, Yank 2600, Trick Turbo, T76, Nelson intercooler, 60LB injectors, Warbro fuel pump, Eaton locker, Magnaflow, 3.42, Nelson Performance Tuning (speed density).

Sold: 1981 GMC LB RC 1500 2002 4.8L 4L60E 12 bolt 3.73 Richmond Lock Right AC PS Nelson Performance tuning

Yes

I ment to address you in the last post. Good meeting you in SA that night. Your truck was inspiring.... it ran well.

Yes, Mic is my younger brother. He had all of his rides out there that night.

I forget your name, please forgive me... I travel more than an ins salesman.

After all of the threads I have read, you have some great info.... even when guys are "T"ing off on each other.

How's the truck holding up....?

2005 RCSB
    Cal-Tracs

+ Reply to Thread