+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 204/218 .550/ .550 115 cam require retune ?

Well, if you have a WB and Aeroforce, then you should be able to read damn near everything!

Like what was said--the truck will idle and run OKAY...but not to its ultimate potential with a good tune. A bigger cam that has the potential to produce bigger numbers will not idle and have the driveability that a smaller cam does with no tune...actually--the smaller cam WILL idle and drive better (and might produce better numbers) than the bigger cam without a tune.

If testing cams, then having a seasoned tuner available to tune the motor for the cam is a must. You will never be able to get the full benefits of a cam swap and will not know each cam's true power potential without having a good tune done for each cam/springs combo.

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

Actually I do have a tuner he worked with me at west-tech. When testing is finished I get to keep the vehicles ussually cost me the taxes or a couple grand. I have a 2000 camaro with a Preceision 91mm front mount makes around 1200 to the wheels on 20 psi. I plan on a smaller setup for this truck.

+ Reply to Thread