+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: another new guy from fort worth

Welcome to another Fort Worth guy! Benbrook isn;t that far from most of us--I drive through there once a week or so--I have a couple builders who live off 1187 in Whiskey Flats... Naw man, not need for key cycles or VIn stuff with tuning on our trucks... Having the PCM tuned is quite an easy process--but to eliminate the hassle of having to do security relearns and messing with VATS, you can either have a live tune done by a tuner or you can ship your trucks PCM to a tuner and have him send it back--that way you retain your truck's original PCM with all of the stored codes and stuff. If you want to not void you warranty, GM will install and warranty a S/C on your truck. And as for a cam, you don't wanna go too crazy with FI--they don't like wide LSA's...

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

welcome to the site man, have a couple of buddys that live in benbrook plus its only 20min east of me
    [SIGPIC]5.3 k&n cai ,asm lt, hf cats, aero turbine muffler, vhp 216/224-551/551-115lsa, tbss intake, ls2 90mm tb,tb bypass, comp double roller tc, hv oil pump, ls2 injectors,nelson tune, b&m super cooler, taylor 10.4mm wires, ngk tr55ix, 373 Detroit tru trac,

All you Fort Worth folks are welcome to come to the Dyno Day the 5th
    Vortec Performance Tuned
    LQ9 built 4L60 LTs and a billion miles on the speedo!

Quote Originally Posted by txarkitekt View Post
    Welcome to another Fort Worth guy! Benbrook isn;t that far from most of us--I drive through there once a week or so--I have a couple builders who live off 1187 in Whiskey Flats... Naw man, not need for key cycles or VIn stuff with tuning on our trucks... Having the PCM tuned is quite an easy process--but to eliminate the hassle of having to do security relearns and messing with VATS, you can either have a live tune done by a tuner or you can ship your trucks PCM to a tuner and have him send it back--that way you retain your truck's original PCM with all of the stored codes and stuff. If you want to not void you warranty, GM will install and warranty a S/C on your truck. And as for a cam, you don't wanna go too crazy with FI--they don't like wide LSA's...
    alright i caught all of that except the FI (fuel injection?) and the LSA's part? lost me there. as for the supercharger is it the magnacharger and do only a few dealerships do it or can any of them do it? i bet they charge an arm and a leg for it. got any idea on cost? anyone know someone that has done it and where they got it done? it only has 2000 miles so that why i care about the warranty for now

Quote Originally Posted by COWL327 View Post
    All you Fort Worth folks are welcome to come to the Dyno Day the 5th
    i saw that thread a few days ago i might come check it out if im not busy

Quote Originally Posted by bsj04 View Post
    i saw that thread a few days ago i might come check it out if im not busy
    Cool...you wont be sorry...alot of good guys in our group...Ill be giving out LS1truck stickers as well
    Vortec Performance Tuned

i need to come out and check out what these truck can really do!

scott
    2008 GMC SLE crewcab factory 20's 5.3 flowmaster CAI

think i figured out how to get a pic in my sig. see if this works

scott
    2008 GMC SLE crewcab factory 20's 5.3 flowmaster CAI

Get a base line before you start your mods...
    Vortec Performance Tuned

Scott-
    FI=Forced Induction, as in SuperCharger or Turbo.
    LSA=Lobe Separation Angle, as in how wide of and angle between the exhaust valve and intake valves open in relation to the rotation of the crankshaft. A wide LSA (110, 112) is what gives you that nasty lope at idle. A tight LSA (117-118) is better suited for the FI.

There are certain Authorized Magnacharger Dealers out there. And yes, they will charge a $hit load for the install. But you WILL retain the warranty for the vehicle.

I would think a 112HH with install costs at a dealer would push close to $6.5k-$7k for everything, but you are warrantied by it all.

I know a lot of people who have done Maggies and had great results and not had any reliability issues. I am sure that they would put a 3.2 pulley on it that you only run about 6 psi of boost. But you could easily throw on a 2.85 pulley on it that would shove it about 9 psi of boost--and bigger smiles on your face!

Quote Originally Posted by bsj04 View Post
    alright i caught all of that except the FI (fuel injection?) and the LSA's part? lost me there. as for the supercharger is it the magnacharger and do only a few dealerships do it or can any of them do it? i bet they charge an arm and a leg for it. got any idea on cost? anyone know someone that has done it and where they got it done? it only has 2000 miles so that why i care about the warranty for now

2000 ECSB 6.0L
    TORQUER V2 CAM ● COMP 918's ● 7.4 HARDENED PUSHRODS ● K&N SERIES 77 CAI ● 80mm BBK ●PACESETTER LT HEADERS AND 3'' ORY ● SUPER 40 FLOW ● 3000 STALL ● 4.10s ● BUILT 80e ● VORTEC PERFORMANCE TUNE ● MSD 8.5mm PLUG WIRES● ELEC. CUTOUT ● UD & ALT PULLEYS ● FLEX-A-LITE E-FANS ● 22" CENTERLINE STINGRAY III's ● LUND FIBERGLASS TONNEAU ● 2" LEVELING SHACKLES ● 12K HID LOWS & FOGS ● LEDs ● DEBADGED ● WHITE-FACED ESCALADE GAUGES ● KICKER 450.1 ● 2-CVR 10's ● DS60's ● K693's

+ Reply to Thread