+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: 01 chevy in trouble

im well away i cant use just any 4l60e it has to be 4wd, so the v6 4x4 4l60 wont work with my truck or will i jsut have to change the bellhouseing.

The v6 one will fit.
    Slowest in Oklahoma...

Quote Originally Posted by ecld_07 View Post
    The v6 one will fit.
    Something tells me he's right ...

Not sure how different the bell housing is but since the mid 90's it unbolts and exchanges so it should work.

If you have the LSx style Gen3 engine the V6 transmission is different but can be used if you get a conversion torque converter or buy a flat flexplate, flywheel spacer and longer bolts to hold the flexplate on. It is doable but a V8 trans from 99+ would be a simpler swap. If you do the V6 setup, be sure to make sure the flexplate holes line up with the holes on the converter before you put it in. You may have to elongate the holes a bit to get the bolts in and its a lot easier to do out of the truck than in it.

BTW, one bolt hole will not line up on the V6 bellhousing to V8 block. You can swap the bellhousings out if you buy a good torx bit to swap them, its not a standard size bit, you'll have to get it from a transmission supplier or you'll break them or strip the heads out in the bolts.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

Sorry, I forgot that Hughes makes a snout extension for the converter that will make it work with the V6 transmission when put into a V8 truck. You can also buy the spacer and longer bolts from GM to make the crank snout longer.
    See my truck data in the "My Garage" section here... http://www.ls1truck.com/forums/my-ga...tml#post191709

+ Reply to Thread