+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 ... LastLast

Thread: AWD Conversion How-To

what about parts from a awd denali or escalade?do awd use two sets of rings pinions?

Quote Originally Posted by PitchBlackC3 View Post
    What do you not like about it, aside from the weight gain?
    Quote Originally Posted by Quik View Post
    why do you dislike the AWD, im gathering parts for the Awd-80e conversion
    well before, with the old setup, i could just do whatever and not worry about breaking, now im just iffy about mashing the skinny pedal, just imagine how its gonna be on the spray, everything is built to the hilt, but idk, its hard to explain, also most people wanna roll race because they cant drive, and i really dont street race alot anymore, and at the track i was hooking on 2wd. Im gonna drive it and race it for at least a year before i decide if im gonna switch back, and maybe its cus of the added wieght, but it just feels really slow now, guess i need to go hook up the juice and get it outta my system.
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.

why are you so concerned about breaking? as for roll are you losing that much being awd? Awd will probably put me near 5000lbs which is fine to behonest if i dont have to deal with the constant thought of breaking shit. I would think being turbo'd it be ideal
    Quote Originally Posted by LamboDoNoMo View Post
    well before, with the old setup, i could just do whatever and not worry about breaking, now im just iffy about mashing the skinny pedal, just imagine how its gonna be on the spray, everything is built to the hilt, but idk, its hard to explain, also most people wanna roll race because they cant drive, and i really dont street race alot anymore, and at the track i was hooking on 2wd. Im gonna drive it and race it for at least a year before i decide if im gonna switch back, and maybe its cus of the added wieght, but it just feels really slow now, guess i need to go hook up the juice and get it outta my system.
    2002 Lightning - GT headed 5.5Litre w/ Twin 7665s
    2002 Silverado - 427Lsx w/ Twin gt4202s
    2010 Silverado crewcab Z71 - 5.3litre w/ procharger
    2000 Wrangler - 5.3litre with some stance
    2014 Xsport- 3.5 Eco boost
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

why are you so concerned about breaking? as for roll are you losing that much being awd? Awd will probably put me near 5000lbs which is fine to behonest if i dont have to deal with the constant thought of breaking shit. I would think being turbo'd it be ideal
    because my old setup has been to hell and back, its been tested idk if im losing at all honestly, its prolly all in my head, i plan on going to the track sunday so we'll see how it does on a hundo shot, my old PB on a 100 was 12.1
    THEY CALL ME G.

AZRAEL

2017 RZR 1000 2 SEATER
    2023 RZR 1000 XP 4
    2008 LTZ DURAMAX 3500
    2023 300S 5.7
    2023 BUICK ENCORE[/B]

The difference between winning and losing, is having a 2nd stage.

Come on George, I cannot count the number of times you bad mouthed AWD a couple years ago. I know you like to stay in the "different" club though so it works. Don't use a transfer case out of a Denali like mine, you want the viscous type out of a Sierra Denali or SSS...or like George said, a 4WD unit that stays in 4WD....along with an AWD (no actuator) front axle. I'd probably try to find a manual shift transfer case just in case I wanted 2WD, I could crawl under and move the lever. You'd have the benefit of 4LO too if you wanted to move a building or something. Something more odd that might suit someone's needs is an RPO NR5? T/C that is full time 4WD but has a 4LO option (electric shift but one could build a 14mm lever to use underneath)....they were used for about three years in Tahoes (saw my first one this week, 2004 with 233K miles).....possibly longer in H2's, etc.

few questions here....zeake

what harness are you using for the 80e and the nvg149? [so can figure out the speed sensors]

now is it possible to get a xfrcase from a 3/4 ton and disasemble it remove input shaft from it then install it in the nvg149? i see that guy sells the adapter for 350 + core
    what stock front DS are you using? id like to find one so i can take it to get built....also what rear DS are you using or is it custom? what are you doing for the crossmember?
    412 Motorsports

it ain't that I'm too big to listen to the rumors, It's just that I'm too damn big to pay attention to 'em..That's the difference

youre right i did bash it. i still believe a properly setup rwd will out perform awd. Now as time went on and power went up ive decided to make changes to truck so even the wife could drive it without any worries. She hates the clutch that supports thsi power level
    Quote Originally Posted by GasGuzzler View Post
    Come on George, I cannot count the number of times you bad mouthed AWD a couple years ago. I know you like to stay in the "different" club though so it works. Don't use a transfer case out of a Denali like mine, you want the viscous type out of a Sierra Denali or SSS...or like George said, a 4WD unit that stays in 4WD....along with an AWD (no actuator) front axle. I'd probably try to find a manual shift transfer case just in case I wanted 2WD, I could crawl under and move the lever. You'd have the benefit of 4LO too if you wanted to move a building or something. Something more odd that might suit someone's needs is an RPO NR5? T/C that is full time 4WD but has a 4LO option (electric shift but one could build a 14mm lever to use underneath)....they were used for about three years in Tahoes (saw my first one this week, 2004 with 233K miles).....possibly longer in H2's, etc.
    412 Motorsports

few questions here....zeake

what harness are you using for the 80e and the nvg149? [so can figure out the speed sensors]

now is it possible to get a xfrcase from a 3/4 ton and disasemble it remove input shaft from it then install it in the nvg149? i see that guy sells the adapter for 350 + core
    what stock front DS are you using? id like to find one so i can take it to get built....also what rear DS are you using or is it custom? what are you doing for the crossmember?
    I am using my stock automatic 5.3 harness. I used kysilverados 80e swap thread for the wiring from pt.net. My Front driveshaft is a stock reg cab short bed shaft. The key to the input gear is machining "I think". The only way I know for sure that it will work is the input gear from timetokill on sivlerado ss .com He works for the company that machines the input gear. I think they have a salvage yard also. My rear driveshaft is custom from http://www.pstds.com/. Hit me up if you have anymore questions. My memory is real fuzzy on it right now. It has been a while since I did the swap and I was not the mechanic for the job. I just got the information for my technician.
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

My awd truck pulled a 14' enclosed trailer out of a wet leaf covered yard tonight that was a serious uphill yard. It never spun a tire. I would have taken a pic but it was too dark. The guy that owned the yard told me I would not be able to get out of his yard. LOL
    99RCSB Broke because I wasted thousands and thousands of dollars on my truck.

AWD all the way. Getin ready tu put a 5.3 in a bravada (s10) and keeping awd ftw

4.8, TSP 220, 6L90 swap, 3400 Stall, 4.10s w/30" drag radial and T76 @ 16lbs.
    Best ET 11.54@114 w 1.52 60ft
    Raceweight 4905 lbs.

+ Reply to Thread