+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: project "GoNDown"

Where did you get that over flow tank from?

Junkyard 5.3 milled heads 200 shot, built 4l80e with circle D 4000 multi disc converter
    EPS cam 23x/23x 600/603 112lsa
    KP 6 link bagged with Accuair E-Level
    http://www.nitrousexpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by dimebagged View Post
    Man it looks great in there! I always liked your truck and that bumper. Lots of good info for me on your thread. Give us more pics of anything and what u cut out of the factory wiring. I'm deleting my abs as well.
    thanks man, it's taking me long enough, LOL!!!!
    on the truck harness i basically removed everything that went to the truck ECU, injectors, o2 sensors, egr, etc.....
    i left a few wires for the a/c. then i had to sort through all the wires that go into the c100 connector on the firewall & figure what goes where, oil pressure, temp, speedo, tach, check engine light, etc....
    it's very time consuming, but with the right diagrams it's, not too bad. what year is your truck? i have the diagrams for 96-98, which are different. i found out the hard way. my truck is a 96 & the first harness i got was for a 98. i didn't realize they were different till i had it all striped down, but i just consider it i learning experience, LOL!!!!
    LMK if you have any questions. i'm by no means an expert, but i've figured a lot of this stuff out.

Quote Originally Posted by dropem View Post
    Where did you get that over flow tank from?
    ebay. it was like $35 or so. they have some that look identical that where $100-$200, but this one works fine so far.

Do you have any pictures of it installed and how you routed the coolant lines?

Junkyard 5.3 milled heads 200 shot, built 4l80e with circle D 4000 multi disc converter
    EPS cam 23x/23x 600/603 112lsa
    KP 6 link bagged with Accuair E-Level
    http://www.nitrousexpress.com/

I read this whole thing but I didn't catch if u used any of the ls1/camaro engine wiring? Since u got the NP wiring does that take place of any engines harness? Mine iS a 95, so it's a Lil different, but the loom on the drivers side should be similar. Thx

Quote Originally Posted by dropem View Post
    Do you have any pictures of it installed and how you routed the coolant lines?
    i mounted it right on side the radiator. my battery is in the bed so it wasn't in my way. the lines coming out the bottom of the overflow tank are like 1/4" & the port coming off the radiator is 3/8" so i went to home depot & bought a barbed 1/4" & 3/8" & tied them together with a 90

Quote Originally Posted by dimebagged View Post
    I read this whole thing but I didn't catch if u used any of the ls1/camaro engine wiring? Since u got the NP wiring does that take place of any engines harness? Mine iS a 95, so it's a Lil different, but the loom on the drivers side should be similar. Thx
    only thing i did with the LS1 harness was sell it to pay for my headers, LOL!!! if you go with the NP harness you don't need the LS1 harness. you will need your truck harness & will need to find the wiring diagram on the c100 connector going into the firewall on the drivers side. i'm not sure how the wires are on the 95's. i know that was a funny year where things got changed. if you removed the plug we can compare your wires to the diagrams i have. hopefully they will be the same as the 96.

Cool thanks! I'm a ways out on the wiring. I'm still lookin for a engine and now I know I can buy one with out a harness.

really drove her around today for the first time. runs good, but very slow throttle response. not sure what it could be. i need to get my 3" exhaust ran, right now i have the headers going to the puny 2" pipes that were there. i also may see if i can borrow another stock throttle body, mine's been ported & polished, maybe ported a little too much? after that, maybe look into the tune? other then that she runs great, idles good, shifts good, i'm pretty pleased so far, but i know there's more to this motor.

Quote Originally Posted by RPM Graphics View Post
    yea me!!!!! i found the pin out for the main firewall plug, C100 connector. should make things go a little easier.

now i just need to figure out what stays & what can be removed. also still need to find out about the other plug on the passenger side which really isn't a plug, it's a weather tight grommet.

some of the ones in the pin out above don't match my plug.
    i also found this one but it's missing some of row D & all of row E. some of those match on mine but some don't.
    could you tell me which one of the wires you used for the speedometer on the dash? there is too many "vehicle speed sensor" or "VSS signal" to know which one is which.. also, what wire did you use for the OBD2 port? " i need serial data but it looks like it "tees" off into two wires, One running into the weathertight plug on the passenger side. And Does the TCC wire go to the ABS module connectors as well?
    97 xcab c1500 lm7 5.3 swap 343RWHP 329RWTQ 13.40 @ 101.97 2.03 60ft. MODS: Longtubes, 3200 stall, TR220 112lsa, .030 799 heads, NNBS intake, PTM 92mm TB. 4" PVC "hot" air intake 3" single exhaust w/cutout 3.42:1 gears, 29" tall tires. Dyno tuned by flaco

i used B5 on the first diagram. the first diagram is for a 96 (which i have) & the second diagram is for 98. i'm not sure which one of these is the same as 97. if you look at your c100 connector, if the E8 wire is black, then you will have the same as the 96, if it's white you have the same as 98.
    i have a stand alone harness from Nelson & it has an OBD2 port on it. i did tie it back into the c100 connector, B6, so my check engine light on my dash also comes on.

not sure about the TCC wire, like i said i have a stand alone harness & i removed my ABS.

Quote Originally Posted by RPM Graphics View Post
    i used B5 on the first diagram. the first diagram is for a 96 (which i have) & the second diagram is for 98. i'm not sure which one of these is the same as 97. if you look at your c100 connector, if the E8 wire is black, then you will have the same as the 96, if it's white you have the same as 98.
    i have a stand alone harness from Nelson & it has an OBD2 port on it. i did tie it back into the c100 connector, B6, so my check engine light on my dash also comes on.

not sure about the TCC wire, like i said i have a stand alone harness & i removed my ABS.
    hmm i'll have to unplug it and check again then. also, how are you getting Torque converter lockup without TCC hooked up? how is it unlocking when you hit the brakes?
    97 xcab c1500 lm7 5.3 swap 343RWHP 329RWTQ 13.40 @ 101.97 2.03 60ft. MODS: Longtubes, 3200 stall, TR220 112lsa, .030 799 heads, NNBS intake, PTM 92mm TB. 4" PVC "hot" air intake 3" single exhaust w/cutout 3.42:1 gears, 29" tall tires. Dyno tuned by flaco

+ Reply to Thread